Let's assume you're hungry and you want to make a simple meal that'll give you some energy, but it also has to taste good. This risotto will be a good choice. It is delicious. Most risotto recipes add some extra ingredients like wine, mushrooms, meat, fish or all kinds of vegetables. Not this one. All you're going to need is:
- 150 grams Rice (Arborio rice is the best for this)
- Chicken or Vegetable stock cube
- one small onion
- Optional: grated Parmesan
(This will serve 1 or 2.)
And that's it. Now let's start cooking.
- Dissolve the stock in 1 liter of boiling water and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan that's tall enough or a pot, and fry the onions in it until they start going slightly brown.
- Now add the rice to the onion and pour just enough stock into the pot to cover the rice and let it boil.
- Stir it occasionally until most of the water is absorbed by the rice or evaporated, that's when you should add more stock.
- Keep doing this until you've used up the whole liter. The rice will be nice and soft, and the risotto should not be too runny.
- Optional: When you serve it in a bowl, you can sprinkle a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese over it and stir it in to let it melt.
I'm adding the nutritional information for risotto here, in case anyone is interested: