Great for Entertaining!
Dip, I love dip! You can eat dips with chips, carrot sticks, toast, or Lebanese bread put into the oven and then broken into pieces. Dips are wonderful for parties and movie nights at home. These home-made dips are healthy too! What's not to like?
Avocado dip goes really well with corn chips. Yum!
3 medium size avocados
1/2 Spanish onion finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of tabasco sauce
- Remove skin and seed from avocados and chop into small pieces.
- Place in a bowl and mash with fork until nice and smooth.
- Add lemon juice, sauce, onion and salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve straight away.
Creamy Tuna Dip
Turkish bread goes well with this dip
15 oz (425 g) can of tuna in brine (drained)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese
1/2 low-fat sour cream
1 garlic leaf finely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve in a nice bowl, perhaps sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Chilli Bean Dip
This dip has a Middle Eastern flavour.
15 oz (425 g) can of chickpeas
1 clove of garlic crushed
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
Baked Corn Dip
2 cans (15 oz, 425 g each) of yellow corn drained
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 packet of low-fat cream cheese (8 oz/226.8 g)
Good dash of Tabasco sauce
1 clove crushed garlic
1 chilli pepper finely cut (careful now!)
- Add all the ingredients to a greased baking dish and mix around until well blended.
- Bake in oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden brown.
Tzatziki, for a Mediterranean flavour!
1½ cups yogurt2 cloves minced garlic1 tablespoon dried mint
2 tablespoons olive oil2 small cucumbers, diced
Salt, to dry cucumberDrain yogurt in a sieve for a few hours before using it. Also salt to and drain the Cucumber to remove moisture.
- Combine yogurt, garlic and olive oil in a bowl, cover and then refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- After refrigerating, add mint and cucumber into bowl and mix to combine.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
Luxury Crab Dip
Lovely with crudities.
1 1/3 cup of cream cheese
5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
2 small cans of crab meat drained and broken apart with a fork (approx. 6 oz or 170g each)
1 garlic leaf very finely chopped (available from Asian supermarkets)
A dash of white pepper
- Heat the oven to about 350 degrees F, or 175 degrees C.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add to a small baking dish and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm from the oven.
Yogurt Onion Dip
Divine with cooked prawns.
1 1/4 cups of Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup of top quality mayonnaise
1 brown onion finely diced
1 garlic leaf
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and pepper
- First add the olive oil to a pan and cook the onion and garlic leaf until soft. Set aside to cool.
- When onions are cool, add them and the other ingredients to a bowl and mix well .
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
"What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day."
Amazon Price: $27.99 Buy Now
(price as of Jul 31, 2013)
Amazon Price: Buy Now
(price as of Jul 31, 2013)