There are many reasons that the skin acquires dark spots and there are some home remedies you can try to alleviate this condition. As people age and go over the age of 55 their skin also acquires dark skin spots often on the face and many times from long exposure to the sun. The darkening of the skin often referred to as hyperpigmentation is caused by too much melanin in the skin. The skin also browns when in the sun to prevent the UV rays from harming the skin. If you have brown spots there are some home remedies you can try to lighten the skin. Just remember it is not a one shot deal but, using these home remedies should become part of your daily grooming.
Using Fruits And Vegetables On The Skin
Fruits and vegetables are often used in home remedies to lighten skin. This is normally because some fruits like lemons or limes have natural bleaching qualities in the juice which makes them perfect for a home remedy to lighten dark spots. Just remember you are not making gallons of these home remedies as you should make them up daily when you are ready to use them. Some of these home remedies are the following
Citrus Can Be Used As Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Skin Spots
- You can combine some lemon juice or lime juice with some cucumber juice and rub that onto your dark spots. Plus the cucumber has the same level of hydrogen as the skin making it good as a mask for problem areas in conjunction with the citrus. It will help counteract the drying properties of the lemon and keep the skin smooth, soft and supple.
- Combine lemon or lime juice with some vinegar and water and rub that into your spots. Vinegar also helps lighten spots plus it can balance oily skin making it healthy also for the skin.
- Combine the juice from a crushed aloe vera plant with some lemon or lime juice and rub that into your brown spots, which are another effective home remedy to reduce the brown spots. Also, aloe vera is healthy for the skin and helps add moisture.
Vegetables Can Be Used As Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Skin Spots
There are some common household vegetables that are lurking in your refrigerator that may also be used as home remedies to reduce the darkness of those brown spots. Some of these are the following
- Potato slices have natural bleaching qualities so slice some thin pieces and lay them on your brown spots.
- Raw onion is another vegetable you can slice thin and lay on your brown spots that might help reduce the darkness somewhat.
When you make up a mask from home ingredients and massage it into the skin you are stimulating the circulation which may make the skin healthier. Some of these are
- Mix lemon juice with honey into a thick paste and leave on face for 15 minutes.
- Grate a tomato and mix with aloe vera for a home remedy mask and leave on for 20 minutes.