If you suffer from excessive sweating, then you should look into different products available to help you control your sweating. Methods like applying topical creams, using aluminum chloride rich deodorant products, and underarm sweat pads are just a few products to help you control perspiration. However, not all of these products should be used daily, because they can potentially worsen your sweating problems. Also, be aware that none of theses products offer a permanent cure.
Underarm sweat pads have become a favorite in terms of controlling sweat. These sweat pads are best used to hide sweat stains when going to a party, convention, or any important event. However, using this type of anti sweat product everyday is not a wise choice.
Since underarm sweat pads absorb sweat, they keep your skin covered in sweat, which is not healthy. When your skin still has contact with the sweat you emitted, bacteria will thrive. The bacteria build up will have an unpleasant effect with your skin and sweat by causing body odor.
To fight off body odor, sweat pads for underarms are a bad choice because they may actually trigger body odor and make it worse. As a replacement for using sweat pads, you can actually make use of the following listed methods to help tame your over active sweat glands.
1. Increase your daily water intake. Drink at least eight glasses of water per day. Water will stabilize your body temperature and give you a cooler feeling. It will help prevent your body from sweating too much.
2. Exercising regularly will train your sweat glands to sweat less under normal conditions by making your sweat a lot while you exercise. Secure a time schedule for physical exercises at least 4 times per week . This will help train your body to sweat less.
3. Take frequent showers every day. A shower will help you feel a lot fresher and free from bacteria. If you are clean, then the risk of having body odor is lower.
4. Always use a deodorant that has the active ingredient aluminum chloride written on the label so you can make sure that it is able to block your sweat ducts properly.
5. Wear comfortable clothes, preferably polyester fabrics so, that your sweat can easily dry. Polyester will help the sweat dry, even if it stains the clothes. If sweat is able to dry faster, then your skin will have a lesser risk of being troubled by odor causing bacteria.