Walking for weight loss is an amazing weight loss tool not just because it works whilst being low impact (which is a big help admittedly) but also because there is little required to make it work. Simply your legs, feet and ability to walk!
But there are certain pieces of equipment that can really help with your weight loss efforts â that can make walking more enjoyable, more comfortable or simply a better experience. They are not essentials but they can be a big benefit to you.
When you are taking part in a walking for weight loss fitness regime consider getting hold of such equipment as
- A good pair of walking shoes. Whilst any shoes will do in theory poorly chosen shoes can lead to blister problems, back problems, pulled muscles and more. A good walking shoe will make things more comfortable and stop problems from developing or getting worse.
- An MP3 player. Whether you like to listen to music, audio books, language lessons or just about anything else when you are out walking the MP3 player is all but an essential. They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and abilities so shop around to find the bets one for you.
- A Map. If you like walking out in the countryside a map will help stop you form getting lost. This happens more often than you'd think and a reliance on GPS systems can be a mistake, they do fail. An old school map will never lose battery or signal.
- Books on local walks. There are often a number of amazing local walks you won't know about. But the good news is that there are plenty of books that talk about it. Buy a book on walks in your area and try a few out â you may find that you love some of them!
- A car. Sounds odd when it comes to walking for weight loss to include a car as equipment! But by using a car to take you to various starting places you can enjoy some amazing and far ranging walks that would otherwise be out of your reach.
- A water bottle. Walking is an exercise, and like all exercises it is very easy to get dehydrated doing it. So make sure that you bring along a flask with water or other hydrating drink options to ensure that you do not suffer from this common walkers problem.