Are you experiencing a recurring stabbing pain on your back? If yes, then you may be suffering from severe back injury. There are different factors that cause back injuries to an individual. Below are some of these factors:
- Age â€“ Most of the time, aging causes bones to become vulnerable. When this happens, the person might experience pain in different parts of his body, such as his back.
- Poor diet â€“ People should maintain eating healthy food in order to keep his bones and muscles strong.
- Heredity â€“ Some individuals who experience back pain inherit this condition from their parents or grandparents.
- Vices (smoking and illegal drug use) â€“ Cigarette smoking and drug use cause bones to become less dense. When this occurs, they may become brittle and prone to injury.
- Presence of other diseases â€“ If a person has other types of diseases such as asthma or tuberculosis, his spinal column might also be affected by continuous coughing or shortness of breath.
- Heavy work â€“ When an individual engages in activities that require heavy lifting, his bones might get injured.
If you acquired a severe back injury because of the following factors, you should seek medical assistance right away. The medical specialist who will assess your condition may suggest several ways to treat your injury without undergoing a medical operation. Here are some non-surgical treatments for severe back injury:
- Applying hot or cold compress to the area. Applying this compress may reduce swelling and pain.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise is a great way to keep your body in shape, as well as strengthen your bones and muscles.
- Have a healthy diet. Eat different kinds of food that are rich in calcium, protein, and carbohydrates.
- Maintain proper posture. People should maintain proper posture, especially those who work in front of the computer.
Once you perform these alternative treatments, these might help reduce your back pain. In case your back injury was caused by your work, you have the right to sue your employer for your medical costs. Under the law, an employer has the obligation to fund his employees' medication if they suffer injury while on duty.
Obtaining compensation from your employer because of your severe back injury is easy as long as you have a legal expert on your side. To make sure that your pain and damages would be compensated, just hire a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer to provide essential legal help.