For many iOS users, one of the most sought after features has been a quick access panel for common settings, much like what they've seen in other platforms. They'll have it - iOS7 is introducing Control Center for just that purpose.
Control Center is a quick access menu which gives you easy accessible control to frequently used apps that you always seem to need.
Whether you are in the plane and need to switch your phone to airplane mode or you are about to go to bed and want your iOS 7 device to go in Do not Disturb mode.
Getting to the Control Center
Control center is just swipe up from any screen - including the Lock screen - to do things like switch to Airplane mode, turn Wi-Fi on or off, or adjust the brightness of your display. You can even shine a light on things with a new flashlight.
Apps and controls are available via the Control Center
- Airplane Mode - Airplane mode disables the wireless features of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to comply with airline regulations.
- Wi-Fi - Wi-Fi is a technology that allows you to wirelessly connect to and browse the Internet and use many other features of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Bluetooth - You can use a short-range wireless technology named Bluetooth to communicate with a compatible Bluetooth headset or hands-free car kit. These optional iPhone headsets and kits are made by Apple and many others.
- Do Not Disturb - You can use the Do Not Disturb setting while your iOS device is locked to silence calls, alerts, and notifications.
- Brightness - Ability to adjust screen of the screen
- Music - Pause or play a song
- AirPlay - Jump to the next track and stream your music with
- Airdrop - Using AirDrop, users can share files with other supported Mac computers running OS X 10.7 or later and iOS devices running iOS 7 or later without the need of a Wi-Fi network or any USB devices
Control Center also gives you instant access to apps such as
- Clock - Since IOS7 Beta 2 Apple has introduced a Digital clock icon in the control center and clicking it will open up the clock
- Camera - Quick camera shortcut for using your iphone, ipad or IPod's camera
- Calculator - Shortcut for using the calculator
- Flashlight - You can now use your iphone's flashlight with this cool feature
Customize the Control Center to change the controls or add and remove the default apps?
At this stage latest in BETA 2 it is not possible to customize the control center. Who knows Apple might introduce customization when IOS 7 is generally made available.
Amazon Price: $1.99 $0.01 Buy Now
(price as of Oct 5, 2013)