Trying to get residency in the United States, as an immigrant, can be a difficult and lengthy process. Whether you're trying to enter the country as the immigrant fiance, wife, or parent of a U.S. citizen, it can be a less painful task if you enlist some additional help with filing and submitting the necessary documents. You may even be in the United States under a temporary work visa and meet your future husband or wife, requiring an adjustment status. No matter what your circumstances are, you can get assistance to make the process run smoother and faster.


If you're engaged to an American and looking for entry in to the United States, you'll apply for a K-1 Fiance Visa. The process involves your American fiance filing a petition to the Department of Homeland Security along with a check for $340, waiting several weeks to receive a Notice of Action (NOA) or confirmation of the receipt of your petition, and then waiting four to six months to receive approval via another Notice of Action (NOA 2).


Following this, your case is sent to the National Visa Center, where a clearance check is run on your American fiance (about two weeks), your case is sent to the U.S. Embassy (4 weeks), and you wait about a week for your American fiance to receive a package that instructs you to set up a medical exam and Embassy interview.


Once the appropriate documents are gathered, the medical exam is completed, and the K-1 Visa Interview is conducted, your visa is granted and you can enter the United States. Finally, you must get married within ninety days. The entire process can be complicated and the paperwork is cumbersome, so it's in your best interest to hire good support that will complete paperwork on your behalf, offer regular support throughout the process, and help prepare you for the final interview. This can cut your preparation time significantly, getting you into the country much faster.


An IR-5 Parent Visa for foreign parents of American citizens, or a CR-1 or K-3 Spousal Visa follow similar paths as the K-1 Fiance Visa. The most important thing is to be reunited with your loved ones in a timely manner, without being held up by errors in your paperwork, or communication issues, especially for individuals who don't speak proficient English. This is where it's best to hire some help which is familiar with the process and systems involved.


If you're on a temporary Visa and meet your fiance or spouse in the United States, you would need to file for an adjustment of status, to avoid letting your Visa expire and being sent back to your country of origin. You may also find that your conditional visa is set to expire, requiring a removal of conditions to avoid violating the terms of your stay. In either case, there's many companies that can help you, but you need to be savvy with your choice, as many offer their services at high costs, and without the live support that you would truly benefit from. Hiring assistance should be cost effective and give you support through every step of the process. Make your choice wisely and avoid scams and gimmicks.