Disputes in the workplace often arise because of misunderstandings, contract breaches and employment law violations. These issues often result to unlawful salary deductions, discriminative demotions, and wrongful terminations. If you are having the same problems in your company, why don't you let the experts handle these disputes for you?
There are dozens of law firms specializing in employment law, especially in big cities like Los Angeles, where companies, businesses and establishments thrive. However, you should not just pick the first lawyer you find. The following are some of the qualities you should find in your employment attorney:
- Experience â€“ He should have been practicing his profession for a long time.
- Expertise â€“ His specialization should be directly related to your dispute case.
- Compassion â€“ He should have the "heart" to support your stand against the responsible parties.
- Reputation â€“ His legal practice should be recognized by courts, judges and even other lawyers.
- Once you have chosen the best employment attorney in Los Angeles, here are some of the things he can do to help win your dispute case:
- Review employee handbooks, contracts, and any document or record related to the case â€“ He will look for clauses and terms that would be helpful to win the lawsuit.
- Represent you in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) â€“ In discrimination and harassment cases, your lawyer would help you file a complaint with federal employment agencies such as the EEOC.
- Give you advice and information regarding employment issues â€“ If you have some questions related to your lawsuit, your lawyer would be happy to answer them.
- Gather evidence and documents that would strengthen your argument against the responsible party â€“ Your lawyer knows what documents can be used as evidence.
- Negotiating with employers or unions that have something to do with the dispute case â€“ If you opt to resolve the case in an informal way, your lawyer can also help.
Having an employment attorney is crucial in a dispute case. His wit, skills, and knowledge would provide you higher chances of winning the lawsuit. However, keep in mind that you will also play a major role in the case. If you want to guarantee your victory against the other party, make sure you cooperate and work well with your employment law attorney.