Everyone is always looking for instant changes, and the face is no exception. Face lift procedures are up, as everyone tries to have the best looking skin. But if you would like to help yourself without drastic measures, then why not try face exercise.
Before you hit the back button, thinking no way is this going to change anything. Why not give it a try? Face exercise actually makes you feel good and increases circulation. It doesn't cost anything, so why not give it a try?
1. This one is really easy, but maybe you don't do it near as often as you should. SMILING!
Sit comfortable, and then slowly smile, lifting the corners of your mouth, but don't show your teeth, and hold this for as long as you can.
Amazon Price: $19.95 $12.83 Buy Now
(price as of Mar 26, 2016)
Amazon Price: Buy Now
(price as of Mar 26, 2016)
2. Grab a big breath of air and puff out your cheeks. Move the air from one cheek to the other, back and forth until you need to breathe and then let it out. Do this at least 3 times.
3. This is really good for a double chin, but also helps you look great. Start by standing naturally but don't slouch, now with your head on your chest, slowly raise it and tilt your head back as far as you can without strain. Keep your mouth closed and you will feel the stretch in the muscle in your neck.
4. Standing comfortable, and staring ahead, open your mouth as wide as you can and stick your tongue out as far as you can, and hold for a count of ten. This is great for a double chin.
5. Lift those furrowed brows! Try smiling and lifting your eyebrows at the same time, and hold. Do this a few times a day. We tend to stress and slouch over our computers and laptops with that "furrow" in the middle of our forehead. Reverse that by lifting the eyebrows. This also feels good to do. Like you are a cat stretching out..
To do the Face Exercise, you should always be well hydrated. Skin can look saggy and sallow if you don't drink enough water. Everyone tries to repair and make their skin look its best from the outside. But you also have to consider the inside of your body. There is no sense in spending hundreds on face creams and treatments, if you don't drink enough water and eat a well balanced diet.
Start from the inside out, and then do your workout, to keep your face looking its best. It is always good to do the workouts after you have moisturized your skin. You don't want to be stretching your skin and muscles if the skin is all dry. Make sure you have your water and moisturized and then do them.
Get into the habit of the same time each day, to do a new one, such as after you have done your morning routine of washing and moisturizing, and you can then see yourself in the mirror while doing a face exercise. If nothing else, it may just give you a good laugh for the day, which is also a great face exercise!
A good hearty laugh is good for the face, as well as the body and soul. So before you spend hundreds on topical creams and treatments, start treating your body well. Drink lots of fluids, try not to go overboard on salt, as this will make you look puffy, and do a few of these face exercises. It will give the skin on your face a "wake up call" and you will begin to look radiant.
So, if you exercise the rest of your body, don't forget to do a face exercise or two as well for a complete workout. Plus smile. It can't hurt!