Let this collection of the best chocolate sayings raise your spirits and give you a funny break from work or whatever you are doing!
It is hard to define what is so unique about chocolate that it produces such passion in people. Surely there is no food quite like it in its ability to generate so much discussion, love, habits and yes, quotations!
After all, isn't chocolate simply a mix of cocoa solids, cocoa butter and sugar? It has become known as the first luxury as it's probably one of the first treats you are given as a child.
And why has chocolate become such a popular gift. It's even become a must-have tradition for key holidays and celebrations such as Valentine's Day (heart-shaped, often containing liqueur), Easter (eggs...of course. And coins. And lots of them!), Christmas (Santa Claus, Bells, Stars, Reindeers, Christmas Trees, Presents...you name it), Hanukkah and so many more.
Scientists have shown that cocoa and/or dark chocolate really does make you feel good at a chemical level. A study by the BBC showed that chocolate melting in your mouth produces an increase in brain activity and heart rate that was even more intense than kissing passionately! These effects also lasted four times longer!
Cocoa possesses anti-oxidants which reduce damage to our bodies caused by free radicals.
Below, here are the best, most popular and humorous chocolate quotes. If you are trying to give up chocolate or reduce your sugar fix, chew on these instead!
1. "Life is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump in the movie Forrest Gump (and probably the most famous quote about chocolate of them all)
2. "Other things are just food. But chocolate's chocolate" - Patrick Skene Catling (children's book writer, known for "the Chocolate Touch")
3. "Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate." - Sandra Boynton (American humorist, songwriter, illustrator and author)
4. "Forget love... I'd rather fall in chocolate!" - Author Unknown
5. "A friend told me once, "put 'eat chocolate' at the top of your 'to do' list every day; then eat some. That way you accomplish at least one thing every day" - Robin.
6. "A balanced diet consists of items from the five major food groups: dairy, grains, meats, fruits/vegetables, and chocolate" - Author unknown
7. "Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment" - Anonymous
8. "Chocolate is nature's way of making up for Mondays" by Anonymous.
9. "Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies." - John Q. Tullius (Artist and cartoonist)
10. "It has been shown as proof positive that carefully prepared chocolate is as healthful a food as it is pleasant; that it is nourishing and easily digested... that it is above all helpful to people who must do a great deal of mental work." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (French author. Well known for his pithy quotes)
11. "If one swallows a cup of chocolate only three hours after a copious lunch, everything will be perfectly digested and there will still be room for dinner." - Brillat-Savarin (that witty Frenchman again)
12. "I owe it all to little chocolate donuts."- John Belushi, US comic and actor
13. "The superiority of chocolate, both for health and nourishment, will soon give it the same preference over tea and coffee in America which it has in Spain." - Thomas Jefferson (philosopher and 3rd President of the United States. Why is Thomas Jefferson always in every list of notable quotes!)
14. "Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate!" - Terry Moore
15. "A chocolate in the mouth is worth two in the plate" - Author unknown
16. "I've never met a chocolate I didn't like" - Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation
17. "This guy found a bottle on the ocean, and he opened it and out popped a genie, and he gave him three wishes. The guy wished for a million dollars, and poof! There appeared a million dollars. Then he wished for a convertible, and poof! There was a convertible. And then, he wished he could be irresistible to all women... poof! He turned into a box of chocolates" - unknown funny person
18. "Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world's perfect food" - Michael Levine, quoted in The Emperors of Chocolate: Inside the Secret World of Hershey and Mars (nutrition researcher and writer)
19. "All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" Lucy Van Pelt in the cartoon strip Peanuts created by Charles M. Schulz
20. "Stress wouldn't be so hard to take if it were chocolate covered" - Anonymous.
21. "I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?" - Author unknown
22. "My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." - Dave Barry, American humorist, columnist
23. "Carob works on the principle that, when mixed with the right combination of fats and sugar, it can duplicate chocolate in color and texture. Of course, the same can be said of dirt." - Sandra Boynton
24. "Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go" - Truman Capote, writer, playwright, novelist
Hope you have enjoyed this collection of quotes about chocolate. Perhaps you even enjoyed reading them over a cup of steaming hot chocolate!