Fat Burning Recipes
Healthy and delicious dishes that will help you slim down while keeping you satisfied. These fat burning meals are low-calorie and very quick and easy to make. You can mix and match these meals. A good workout routine along with a good, fat burning meal will help you drop those unwanted pounds. Below are a few recipes to help you get started.
Fat fighting food tips:
- Grapefruits, pineapples and oranges make you feel full thanks to their high water content
- Peanut butter is loaded with healthy monounsaturated fat, which helps fight ab flab
- Eating protein rich foods, like chicken, fish and lean beef, helps you burn calories
- Broccoli is high in fiber, so you feel satisfied.
- Studies show that calcium rich foods like yogurt, can boost weight loss
- Salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which helps reduce your appetite.
List of Fat Burning Foods
The following is a list of fat burning foods which will help you in preparing your meals and daily diet.
FAT BURNING BREAKFAST
SPINACH AND PARMESAN OMELET
1 cup chopped spinach
1 tablespoon chopped scallion
In a medium skillet coated with non-stick spray. Saute the spinach and chopped scallion for 1 minute. Beat 2 eggs with a dash of Tabasco; add to skillet. Cook until egg is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Flip and add the parmesan; cook 15-30 seconds. Serve with 1 slice of toasted oat bread and apples.
CINNAMON RAISIN FRENCH TOAST
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 slices whole wheat raisin bread
Whisk together the egg, honey and cinnamon. Coat the raisin bread with the egg mixture. In a skillet, mist with non-stick spray, cook bread for 1 minute a side. Serve with applesauce and fat-free ricotta and a dash of cinnamon.
FAT BURNING LUNCH
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 slices whole-grain toast
2 strips applewood-smoked bacon
3 thin slices red onion
3 thin slices tomato
¼ cup arugula
6 ounces vegetable soup
Mash avocado with salt and pepper to taste and lemon juice; spread over the whole grain toast. On one slice, layer cooked bacon, onion and tomatoes and arugula. Top with other slice of toast. Eat with vegetable soup.
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
½ teaspoon chili paste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Juice from ½ lime
pinch of sugar
pinch of salt
¼ cup sliced red pepper
¼ cup sliced carrot
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cups broccoli florets
1/3 cup soba noodles
Whisk together rice wine vinegar, chili paste, sesame oil, juice from lime, and a pinch of sugar and salt. Mix with red bell pepper, carrot, cilantro and broccoli. Add soba noodles and toss. Divide into three portions and place each on 1 romaine.
FAT BURNING DINNER
BAKED SALMON W/MUSTARD AND HERBS & BROCCOLI
About 500 calories
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
6 ounce Salmon
1 teaspoon Mustard powder
1 tablespoon chopped dill
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped chives
Sprinkle the above ingredients on the salmon and place in a baking dish.
Broccoli side dish:
1 cup of broccoli florets
1 cup of chopped cauliflower
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
Mix broccoli, cauliflower, olive oil and minced garlic together and place in baking dish with salmon. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked.
MINI MEATLOAF W/STRING BEANS
About 500 Calories
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
5 ounces of lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons of skim milk
½ egg beaten
3 tablespoons of whole-wheat bread crumbs
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon capers
In a small skillet coated with non-stick spray, add onion and garlic for 2 minutes; remove from heat. Add turkey, skim milk, egg, bread crumbs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and capers together and mix to combine. Place turkey mixture in a small muffin tin coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes.
Serve with 1 ½ cups of steamed green beans tossed with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
About 150 calories each, eat two a day
- 1 yoplait whips yogurt
- 2 dried figs and ½ ounce cheddar
- 15 pistachios and 1 skinny vanilla latte (no sugar)
- ½ whole wheat pita bread with 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper hummus
- 10 baby carrots dipped in 2 tablespoons light ranch dressing
- 1 piece low-fat string cheese and 1 small pear
- 21 raw almonds
- 3 cups of air-popped popcorn tossed with 2 tablespoons of parmesan
- 1 strawberry milkshake made with 8 ounces of plain soy milk blended with 3 strawberries
- 7 Hershey’s kisses special dark chocolate candies.
- ½ banana rolled in melted chocolate chips and finely chopped peanuts and then frozen
- 2 nature valley dark chocolate granola thins.