Do Ferrets Make Good Pets?
Do ferrets make satisfactory pets and companions? many will agree that they do but others will say no. One thing is for certain and that is that they are in demand right now and are ranked number three in the USA as the pet to have in your home.
If you are reading this article with the view of perhaps owning a ferret but are still uncertain perhaps reading these ferret facts will help you decide.
- First, ferrets are cute inquisitive creatures always investigating anything new or different. They come in various colors black, brown, white and mixed giving a nice sable color. Your baby ferret will become larger than most indoor caged pets such as hamsters and gerbils and they can grow up to 20 inches in length, 4 1/2 inches in height and weigh 2 to 4 pounds. A ferret will also live for 7 to 10 years with sensitive and loving care from their owner.
- Second, they are extremely playful and friendly creatures and this will in turn allow you to handle and interact with them instead of just staring or studying them through glass or mesh as with many indoor pets.
- Third, ferrets are sociable and once you gain their trust they will want to share your companionship even if there is another ferret in the house.
- Fourth, ferrets are very intelligent,clean animals and easily fed. As with cats and dogs ferrets can be toilet trained and use a litter tray.
- Fifth, ferrets are easily excercised either indoors or out and do not make a lot of noise. The only thing you will have to be concerned about is clearing up the mess that they may of caused during their mischievious play.
Although you can often see adverts saying ferrets for sale, if you are thinking of getting a ferret you will have to decide whether to buy or adopt one. There are many animal shelters that cater for ferret rescue and it is always nice to be able to give a animal a second chance as many are there through no fault of their own.
Once you have made the decision to share your life with a ferret, a decision that shouldn't be taken lightly, you'll never want to be without one.