Mesothelioma is an aggressive and very serious form of cancer, treatments can be long and very expensive. Not only are you concerned with your own health, but you may also have very troubling concerns over your family.
Because of these reasons, you want to find the very best mesothelioma lawyer for you. Texas is 7th in the country in the number of mesothelioma lawsuits, and because of its history in shipbuilding, construction,and manufacturing, Houston is one of the top areas for mesothelioma lawsuits in the state.
The first mesothelioma suit was filed in 1966, and although the Houston area has a large number
- Find an attorney with whom you will have a good rapport. You will likely be working with him or her for a significant amount of time.
- Confirm their experience and ability in successfully handling cases similar to yours.
- Avoid attorneys will TV commercials, and radio spots. These types of firms normally deal in quantity, moving cases through as quickly as possible. This ordinarily does not serve the best interest of you, the client. Look for an attorney that will take the time and effort required to get the best settlement for you and your family.
Perhaps the most distressing part about mesothelioma is that it may become apparent until many years after your initial exposure to asbestos, as a matter of fact it can be up to 40 years until symptoms begin to appear. For that reason, mesothelioma is often called the silent killer. If you suffer any of the following symptoms, consult your doctor immediately;
- Chronic non-productive cough, meaning there is little or no phlegm)
- Coughing up blood or fluid (sputum)
- You experience difficulty in swallowing Night sweats or fever
- Sudden of unexplained weight loss up to 10% of your bodyweight
- Chronic fatigue
- Persistent chest pain, or you experience painful, difficult breathing
- Shortness of breath, occurring even you are at rest
- The appearance of lumps on your chest, under the skin
Peritoneal Mesothelioma, which is a buildup in fluids between the membrane tissue, This causes the membrane composition to put pressure on the abdomen and organs.
- Swelling or pain in the abdomen
- Diarrhea or constipation (or any change in bowel habits)
- Nausea or vomiting
I have compiled a short list of excellent Mesothelioma Lawyers Houston.