Forgot your password?

Fire Accidents Caused by Cheap Christmas Lights

By Edited Oct 13, 2015 0 0

As early as November, many families have started their hunt for the best decorations and lights that will boost the Christmas spirit inside and outside the house.

However, finding affordable, quality products may be a problem to those who wants more items for lesser price. So, most consumers opt to buy cheap Christmas lights that will fit their budget and, at the same time, answer their need for a décor that will last throughout the holiday season.

Consumers must be careful and wise in choosing these substandard products as they are made of low-quality materials that will not withstand long hours of use. These products have high tendencies of being defective and cause accidents that will lead to losses.

Managing the Risk

Never sacrifice quality over quantity. Keep in mind that accidents and injuries that will result from using defective products cost more as they will also inflict non-economic damages such as the person's pain and suffering.

Before purchasing a product, make sure that:

  • There is an instructional material which you may refer to when installing or using the product.
  • Have it tested in the store where you'll buy it from to make sure that it is working properly and is safe to be brought home.
  • Meticulously check each part and the materials used in the product.
  • Be aware of recalls that warn the public of possible defects in each product.

Electrocution and Fire Accidents

Instead of bringing joy to the family, substandard products will bring suffering because of tragedies that often harm the most vulnerable members of the family – the children and the elderly.

Electrocution and fire accidents are two of the most common accidents that we encounter inside our house. We increase the risk of meeting these accidents each time we bring cheap but defective products into our homes.

Consumers are very likely to be electrocuted from the thin coating of cheap Christmas lights' wirings that should safely encase the wires where electricity is flowing. Electrocution is also very possible in cases when the product's electronic components are not properly placed.

Aside from being electrocuted, family members are also risking the possibility of having burn injuries because of these defective products. Overheating can certainly cause these fire accidents. Since Christmas lights will be turned on most of the time, buy products that are of good quality to avoid fire accidents that may threaten your safety and of those living inside the house.

People must immediately look for Los Angeles personal injury lawyers who will assist them in filing claims for accidents and injuries caused by the manufacturers' negligence. They will help you attain the compensatory damages that you deserve for the wrong done to you.



Add a new comment - No HTML
You must be logged in and verified to post a comment. Please log in or sign up to comment.

Explore InfoBarrel

Auto Business & Money Entertainment Environment Health History Home & Garden InfoBarrel University Lifestyle Sports Technology Travel & Places
© Copyright 2008 - 2016 by Hinzie Media Inc. Terms of Service Privacy Policy XML Sitemap

Follow IB Lifestyle