If you haven’t heard of Tacori Jewelry, then you may be in the minority. This American designer is a popular choice among brides, fashionistas and celebrities alike. Check out the five facts below about this beloved jewelry designer and you will get a small taste of what you have been missing.
- Family-owned business—Tacori was started by Haig Tacorian and his wife Gilda. The couple moved from Europe to California in 1969, where they launched their bridal jewelry business. Through the years, many family members have joined their successful company.
- They consider themselves artists. Their designers approach each and every piece they handcraft out of their California headquarters as its own work of art. Tacori staff pride themselves on their company’s simple yet steadfast commitment—design beautifully unique jewelry that focuses on creativity, authenticity and quality craftsmanship. Their signature look is described as vintage elegance with a modern flair.
- Celebrities love Tacori jewelry. Ever since Friends sitcom character Chandler Bing presented a Tacori engagement ring to his girlfriend Monica in 2000, Tacori has continued to gain popularity in the media and among the stars. Tacori was the jeweler of choice for ABC when the first Bachelorette Trista Rehn received her engagement ring from Ryan Sutter on national television. Since then, more and more celebrities are photographed wearing their Tacori jewelry proudly. For example, entertainment reporter Maria Menounos recently wore stacked Tacori bangles and marquise-shaped diamond earrings and singer Katie Perry was photographed wearing a Tacori bracelet at a recent event. Dancer Cheryl Burke was also snapped arm and arm with her new beau wearing a Barbados blue diamond cocktail ring, turquoise drop earrings and yellow gold and pink gold bangles.
- Their first creation is their signature piece. Tacori’s very first jewelry design, the Crescent Silhouette, remains one of their most popular choices among their wide jewelry collection. The design features interlocking, half-moon windows of light that reflect the brilliance of the diamonds set within each crescent silhouette semi-circle. Their actual signature piece is the Tacon HT2510, which many brides first noticed in the iconic Blue Scarf ad featured in many bridal and fashion magazines.
- They are not just wedding jewelry designers. While Tacori has focused primarily on bridal and groom jewelry collections through the years, not everyone is aware that the company recently launched a new jewelry collection entitled Tacori 18k925. The name reflects what the jewelry is made of –a combination of 18k gold and 925 silver. The stunning collection is priced from $400 to $3,000.
Now that you are up to speed on what Tacori jewelry is all about, check out an online retailer for the best selection of jewelry brands at competitive prices.