Aside from their multimillion purchase prices, the Florida homes of Miami Heat megastar players Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have other things in common, and key among these is they’re all waterfront homes. They all have views of the lovely Biscayne Bay and all have private access to the water.
Waterfront homes are among the top attractions of Florida. People looking for residential properties that not only provide shelter and warmth, but also double as year-round vacation homes can find them in huge numbers and various styles in Florida. As a state that juts out of the mainland U.S. into the waters east of the Gulf of Mexico and west of the North Atlantic Ocean, the state has more than 2,000 miles of shoreline, nearly 700 miles of which are beaches with white, powdery soft sand and magnificent blue waters. It also has more than 11,000 miles of rivers and streams and nearly 8,000 large lakes. It’s a given therefore that grand waterfront homes are ubiquitous in Florida.
Similarities in Home Features
As to the three NBA superstars – James, Wade and Bosh – who all bought their new luxury Florida homes mansions in 2010, the common features among their homes are the following:
- All were bought for more than $9 million: Bosh’s mansion was the priciest, at $12.5 million, while Lebron got his home for $9 million. Wade’s was acquired at $10.65 million.
- All have full views of the Biscayne Bay, with James and Bosh’s having the more encompassing views as they have floor-to-ceiling glass walls. From their luxury bathtubs, the views of the bay and the greeneries are enchanting.
- All have pools, with James and Bosh’s infinity pools seeming like part of the bay in some photos.
- All have palm trees, another ubiquitous scenery element in Florida.
- All have more than six bedrooms: Both James and Wade’s homes have six bedrooms while Bosh has eight.
- All are large homes, with more than 12,000 square feet of living areas. Wade has the biggest, with a total of 13,000 square feet and a bay frontage of 150 feet. Bosh’s is 12,000 square feet while that of James is 12,178 square feet.
As to the unique features of their homes, Wade’s Mediterranean-style villa and airconditioned dog house are frequently mentioned. James’ Plantation-style verandas, wine cellar and yacht dock are the ones cited. Bosh’s all-white modern design is the one usually highlighted by the media.