Free Auto Information: Car Information For Free
In a world of great technology, almost everyone is longing, even for the smallest taste of gratification. Who wouldn’t want an Iphone4s, MacbookAir laptop, an underwater digital camera, flat screen TV with 3D, or the latest brand new car? Technology is always churning out some new invention, but cars, will always have its own manner of clearing its way towards the spotlight. In this article we will give you random facts on the hottest cars, guides on choosing a car, finer points and how to take care of your future car (or current car if you have a car already).
So What’s Hot In Cars For 2012?
Here are the different car categories that can give you head’s up on what you really want. We listed the cars in no definite order just to give you glimpse of how exciting you can plan your year right.
12 Long-Awaited Cars For 2012
These are the cars that will keep you in-style. Be the first to have it.
- 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
- 2012 Volkswagen Beetle
- 2012 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
- 2012 Audi TT RS
- 2012 Audi A7 Quattro
- 2012 Chevrolet Sonic
- 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- 2012 Hyundai Veloster
- 2012 Scion IQ
- 2012 Nissan Leaf
- 2012 Buick Verano
- 2012 Ford Focus
10 Best Looking Cars For 2012
These cars may not be in everyonoe's price range but they are top notch as far as sheer beauty goes. Built for style and comfort but absolutely excels in design and craftmanship.
- Audi R8 Spyder
- Jaguar XKR Coupe
- Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Lexus LFA
- Porsche Panamera
- Audi A5 and S5
- Dodge Challenger SRT8
- Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- Kia Optima
Top 10 Best Selling Cars For 2012
2012 has just begun but it starts off with a bang as far as cars sales are concerned. Consider the cars that get the most number of purchases in the current year. They are not outdated, so no worries. These cars represent what is appealing, convenient, or sufficient for most of the people. So if a lot of people wanted something, you may want it too.
- Ford F-150 – 390,661 units sold
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – 319,539 units sold
- Toyota Camry – 308,510 units sold
- Nissan Altima – 268,981 units sold
- Ford Escape – 254,293 units sold
- Ford Fusion – 248,067 units sold
- Toyota Corolla – 240,259 units sold
- Honda Accord – 235,625 units sold
- Chevrolet Cruze – 231,732 units sold
- Hyundai Sonata – 225, 961 units sold
Top 10 Cheapest Cars
Looking for cars that fit your budget? Go for cozy, but not costly style. You might be surprised about this, but hey, this is real. Some of these cars have a bit of a catch, but even if so equipped, nothing can beat these vehicles for reliability or efficiency for family transportation. Some cannot be an outstanding bargain exactly, so we encourage you to look closely and ask every detail on your sales person.
- Nissan Versa 1.6 S - $11,750
- Hyundai Accent GLS - $13,205
- Smart Fortwo Pure - $13,240
- Ford Fiesta - $13,995
- Kia Rio LX - $14,150
- Suzuki SX4 Base - $14,464
- Chevrolet Sonic LS - $14,495
- Kia Soul Base - $14,650
- Toyota Yaris L 3-door - $14,875
- Mazda 2 - $15,165
Choosing The Right Car For You
- If you are choosing whether to look for a used car or buy a new one, consider these points: A new car will cost you more. New car dealerships deal can be time consuming, expensive and a hassle. On the brighter side, buying new one is more fun if you can afford it, and it is easier because it is not likely to break down or need repairs anytime soon. Meanwhile, used cars will obviously be cheaper. But, it takes time to find one that is in good condition; you may need to have it examined to make sure it doesn’t have hidden issues.
- There are certain models that offer good protection in case of accidents. Though, no one wants accidents to happen, readiness is essential. Some have anti-lock brakes, seat belt pretensioners, air bags, electronic stability control, head protection and traction controls. Check out a car's safety report by visiting www.safercar.gov
- If you decided to go with a used car, reliability should be one of the most important features. Some cars are known to give continuous issues and since it is a used car, perhaps the warranty is has already expired and cannot be renewed. So when looking at used cars, make sure you spend extra time by finding out as much as you can about the vehicle history. To help you check for car reliability, check out these URLs :
- www.consumerreports.org (Website that gives expert reviews on cars and other electronics. They also have “Consumer Reports” magazine that can be found in your local store.)
- Choose a more fuel-efficient car, as fuel is the major necessity to run your car. You may find that in some area, people that drive fuel-efficient cars are given tax incentives while penalties are placed against those who do not. Plus, fuel-efficient cars pollute less because most of them are environmentally friendly. It helps you save money as well. You can check pollution ratings of different cars in www.fueleconomy.gov
- Diesel Engine eats lesser fuel than gasoline engine cars. Diesel engines are less smelly but it’s still not as quiet as gasoline engines.
- Consider getting insurance before purchasing a car. Though it differs depending on many factors, it is recommended to have your insurance first.
- Transmission methods: Automatic transmission is more convenient because you just have two pedals in front of you. This transmission does the gear-shifting for you and it usually has hill start assist feature. Yet, repairs for this are expensive and problems are common. Manual transmission is more reliable, simple, cheaper, and gives better acceleration. It can help you control your fuel more efficiently as you do the gear-shifts. It’s not difficult to learn though it can be challenging. Yet, these cars have clutch that needs replacement when needed and it is more difficult to sell manual cars.
Taking Care Of Your Car
- Consider break-in periods. For the first hours or miles of driving, keep your speed on the manufacturer’s recommended speed, so that the oil will be sent to every part of the engine.
- Drive with care. If you’re stuck in any place that has lots of mud, or snow, gently move the car to avoid greater damages.
- Buy gas at reliable service stations.
- If you are going to store your vehicle for a long time, make sure you preserve it properly. Disconnect the battery to avoid draining.
- Park under a shade. It protects your car paint from the sun as well.
- Clean the inside of your car and place protection such as floor mats. Wipe the dash gauges and place rubber protectant on window and door seals. Clean upholstery and keep leather from cracking.
- Don’t overload your car. In case of delivering loads, keep an old blanket to avoid scratches in your car’s roof and secure the loads properly to avoid dents.
- Wash your car regularly! Washing is also more important during winter. All dust and dirt makes your car rust easily and it is faster when the temperature falls. Wash and give your car a new skin.
- Check the splash guards. These protects your sensitive internal engine components, and it tore off easily sometimes without the driver knowing. Replace as needed.
- Maintain good inflation and make sure that your gears were aligned. If your tires worn down up to 1/16inch, it is highly recommended that you do some replacements.
- Check or clean engine oil, top off your brake fluid monthly. Avoid overfilling and change the oil filters every oil change.
- Your AC battery needs running during winter to keep it in fit for the next season. Some of them need water and maintenance despite of the manufacturer saying its maintenance-free, it is still safe to check it periodically.
Having a car is a good investment. If you are looking for great deals on cars, you can check the manufacturer’s website; they can give you the best offers and provide you full information on their product. For car parts and accessories, here is a partial list of sites that offer that:
Choose wisely and don’t hesitate to ask questions. YOU – are the customer; and it is you, who will spend money in exchange of a good product. It is indeed your right to receive what is best when shopping for your dream car or a much needed car.