Social Media and Online Presence
Having an online presence is vital to any brand in today's world. So many people are online and utilizing the internet for any and everything, and without knowledge on how utilize this modern tool, chances are your brand will find a hard time getting noticed.
There are many different social media platforms to choose from like: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Social media is becoming a key player for companies and individuals to use when creating an online presence because of it's flexibility. It allows just about anyone to share information via messages, videos, and images. It just becomes a matter of finding out which social media platform is best for your brand.
Here is a list of a few of the more popular social media platforms you can use.
1. Facebook - This is a social networking platform that allows you to connect with people around the world. You can upload photos, create status updates, and create your own profile page containing information about yourself. Facebook allows you to communicate with others in different ways like messaging and video. A lot of people use it to connect with friends and family by saving a list of contacts of with other people who have user accounts.
This by far is the most popular one as of today. Facebook can be a great tool to use to promote your brand and business, because it can be easy and convenient way for you and your audience to interact with one another. This personal communication with you and your audience allows you to build a community around your brand.
It's an easy setup, and all you need to do is create a Facebook fan-page or business page and fill out your information. If you already don't have a following, you can add your friends and family to help you spread the word about your brand.
2. Twitter - This is a social networking platform that allows people to share what is currently happening in their lives to the rest of the world. It's based on live status updates, allowing other people to see a dated stream of posts.
The main thing here is to create a brief description or comment of something, and share it with the world. Your tweets can be views by millions around the world, and they can also share what you write with others, or comment on what you wrote.
Twitter is good tool to use to help keep your audience updated on new events and current happenings.
3. Youtube - This mega online video search engine allows people to upload and share videos online with the world. This is an ideal platform to use to connect with your audience visually. You can post videos of different product reviews, interviews, conferences, and even short films. The live streaming videos have options for multiple video qualities to allow the best user experience depending on their internet connection speed.
If "a picture is worth a thousand words", what more does a video hold?
4. Instagram - Uploading your photos via Instagram is a quick way to share them with the world. Instagram also allows you quickly and easily edit your images using different kinds of photo filters, giving them a unique vintage look.
5. LinkedIn - This professional social networking platform is becoming increasingly popular recently , and not just with recruiters looking for prospective applicants. LinkedIn is a social networking platform created to connect different professionals around the world in various working fields with one another. Creating a LinkedIn account can help your brand get exposure to potential investors, joint business partners, and industry veterans.
Of course these are not your only options when it comes to social media, but using these five is a good start and will definitely allow you to quickly gain a network and audience fast if you use them well. Whether you need to promote your products, conduct a survey, or share a video, social media is the way to go.
This is a very important attribute that many brands tend to overlook. Whether your a small business, a solo artist, or large corporation, the people are what help you succeed. It's very important that you are able to respond and interact with your audience. It's important that you are able to create a personable relationship with your audience.
Here are some clues you can use to hep you determine if your being personable with your audience:
Do you address your audience individually by name?
Do you respond to emails with automated messages?
Do you ask your audience what THEY want...and listen?
Being personable allows your customers and audience to know that you care about them.
Who Are You?
People want to be able to see the "face" behind the brand. A face is important to have connect to the brand other than a logo because people like to talk to other people, and they want to know who they are talking to. Images of actual people will help people want to talk with your brand more because they will feel more connected.
When showing the face(s) behind the brand, a good idea is to have a brief bio or description under the different team members within the brand. You can share things like their positions within the organization, how long they've been apart of the brand, and even some of their hobbies.
Some examples that have shown the face behind the brand are companies like: Microsoft: Bill Gates, Apple: Steve Jobs, and Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg. Showing faces behind the brand will allow it to become a step ahead of the others.
A lot of people want to take before giving anything and unfortunately some brands fall under this category. It will be much easier to sell a product or create a following if you have something of value to provide to people. Think about what it is your brand represents, and than give more than what your audience expects.
You can think of the content or service you provide to your audience as the food you serve. You don't want your audience to get sick from bad food and throw up.
You want to provide good content to audience because it will help create trust and following. The more people you have liking your brand, the greater potential you have to grow. Providing good value will result in a happy audience, which leads to positive reviews, good feedback, and increased exposure.
Thank you for reading this article, and feel free to leave comments on what you think creates a successul brand below.