The only complaint i've had about the iPhone is that you have to pay for ringtones. Ring tones should be free, and with this guide, you will learn how to create free iphone ringtones, FOR FREE! And the best part? It should only take you 5 minutes to make your first free iPhone ringtone, and after that only about a minute per ring tone once you get the hang of it!
There is nothing illegal about this at all, it is just a way of tricking your system into thinking that the song file is a ringtone, so iTunes picks it up. Who wants to pay 1$ for iTunes Ringtones when you can make them for free!
- Find the song you want to have as you ringtone and play it.
- Take note of the time where you want the ringtone to start, and when it should stop. this cant be longer than 30 seconds.
- Right click the song and go to "get info"
- Now on the top go to the tab "options"
- check the box for start time and stop time then type in the time you took note from in step 2.
- Click "ok"
- Right-click your song again and select "Convert Selection to AAC." Wait for iTunes to convert your song. It will create a duplicate version.
- Right click the shortened version that you've just created and click "delete" but make sure you click "keep files"
- Find the file. It's usually in your User folder under "Music > iTunes > iTunes Music" and under the band's name. It will have an extension of m4a.
- Replace the m4a extension of your ringtone with m4r. You can either double-click slowly to rename your file, or right-click and select "Get Info" on a Mac or "Rename" on a Windows PC
- The system give you a warning, just ignore this and click "use .m4r" or whatever the equivalent
- Double click the file you've just changed, and your iTunes should pop up. Now your song should be in the RINGTONES section of iTunes, so the only thing left to do now is to do is just connect your iPhone and sync it. make sure when you connect your iPhone you have ringtones folder checked so that your ringtones sync
There it is! easy peasy, your free iphone ringtones! how long did that take?? Make sure to book mark this page and return when you need to do this again!
If for some reason when you are syncing it wont pick up, make sure that you re read step 12 and do as it said.