In the mood for something sweet but don’t want to go out? The French Pancake aka. Crepe could definitely be your answer. It’s simple to make and requires few ingredients. Also, it is pretty versatile in terms of what you can put on in it. Topping / Filling options can range from chocolate to all types of berries (strawberry is my preferred option) and whip cream if you like it. A French Pancake goes well with a side of ice cream too. The whole process is about 15 to 20 minutes from preparation to serve. Great for a dessert, breakfast or snack.
French Pancake / Crepes:
- 3 Eggs.
- 1 Cup of flour.
- 1 1/3 Cup of milk (add more milk for thinner crepes/pancakes).
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
Optional but recommended:
- Figs and/or fig butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Syrup
The French pancake aka. the Crepe is simple, quick, and easy to make.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Pour 1/2 to 3/4 Cup of mix onto pan.
- Once top does not run, flip.
- 2-3 minute per crepe.
- Yields 8 - 10 crepes/pancakes.
The following are just a few examples of what I like to put on my crepe. Usually, just select one or two of the options. For example, spread Nutella and slice some banana pieces onto a crepe and fold it in half. Or, just spread some fig butter or any other butter. It's generally easy to mix and match, but watch out to over sweeten the crepe because then it's just too much to handle.
- · Spread Nutella or Fig butter on crepe.
- · Add banana slices on crepe.
- · Add strawberry slices on crepe.
- · Add any type of berry (blueberry, rasberry, etc).
- · Add honey.
- · Add chocolate syrup.
- · Sprinkle powdered sugar.
This is not the healthy desert option, but it is delicious.