Dubai is fast becoming one of the most beautiful and visited places in the world. Its booming business environment, distinguished culture and gorgeous architecture are just a few advantages that this city provides. Dubai has become very popular in the last decade and there are many interesting facts associated with the city. I have put together a list of fun facts that you may not have known about the city of Dubai.
15 Fun Facts about Dubai
1. Approximately 80% of the residents in Dubai are foreigners.
2. Dubai has a population of over 1.3 million people.
4. Dubai has been ruled by the Al Maktoum Dynasty since 1833.
5. There are no street addresses in Dubai.
6. One of the fastest growing cities in the world is Dubai
7. There are no personal or income taxes in Dubai.
8. When completed, the Burj Dubai will become the tallest building and tallest man-made structure in the world.
9. 1 in 5 people in Dubai purchase 5 pieces of gold jewellery each year.
10. Dubai is building the worlds first man made islands, they are called the Palm Islands.
11. Dubai is located in United Arab Emirates (UAE).
12. The average annual precipitation in Dubai is only 13 centimeters
13. The currency in Dubai is the dirham (Dh).
14. The worlds largest horses can be found in Dubai.
15. Dubai has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world.