Everyone enjoys dining out at their favorite restaurant at least every now and again and most people go in, order their meal, eat and return back home with little thought into how many people dine at the establishment or how much money is being spent in the restaurant market.
But it is a nice break from the norm to enjoy a few fun and interesting facts every now and again, and we are here to do just that. Continue reading to learn 10 really fun facts about restaurants and your favorite foods. it is a nice way to put a smile on your face!
- Among the most common restaurant arguments among couples involve those of messy eating habits, bad manners and picking at another plate.
- If you like your burgers big, the 134-pounder on a50-foot bun that was made in Southgate, MI in 1989 may be enjoyable for you. This burger can be yours for a cost of just $400.
- The largest pizza ever recorded was made by Italian chefs and was 131-foot long. It took nearly 20,000 pounds of flour, 10,000 pounds of tomato paste and nearly 9,000 pounds of shredded cheese.
- At one New York City Japanese restaurant you better be ready to pay. The average bill is $500 per person at the Masa restaurant.
- More than $684 billion is spent on restaurant fining every year in the US alone. This equals about $1.6 billion each day.
- What toppings did you request the last time that you ordered a restaurant pizza? Most likely it involved pepperoni. Around 65% of all pizzas ordered include pepperoni on them.
- Speaking of pizza, would you believe that around 350 slices of pizza Is eaten every second in the US every day?
- Would you care for a scoop office cream? What if it was ketchup ice cream? Baskin Robbins offered this flavor at one time. Needless to say it did not last long.
- The first ever restaurant in the world opened in 1747 in Italy.
- More single women are employed in the restaurant industry than married women or single or married men.
How was that for some pretty interesting restaurant facts? We certainly hope that you’ve been entertained and have enjoyed the fun facts that you have read. Do you know of any strange or interesting restaurant facts?