Sports watches for men and women
Enjoy the GPS sports watch reviews
Sports watches for men and women.
So just what are sport watches? Are they just regular watches with a sporty face, some moisture resistance, and a sturdy weatherproof strap? Well, yes, sports watches are all these, but a WHOLE lot more. There are men’s sport watches, sports watches for women, and even ranges for athletically minded kids.
And what can they do for you? Well the best ones have;
- a GPS tracker inside
- a cardiac rhythm and rate meter
- a pedometer
- a calories expended feature,
- a stopwatch with ‘stop start’ ability, and
- by golly they even tell the time!
So if you add it all up, and wear one of these men’s or women’s sport watches, it will tell you;
- the time
- the time you have been exercising, in detail for each cardio ‘zone’
- precisely where you went
- your heart rhythm and pulse rate, and
- how many of those pesky calories you’ve burnt off.Credit: hookedoniron
The REALLY good ones are compatible with your PC, Laptop or Mac, and either via wi-fi, bluetooth or a USB cable can download all of those handy facts for you, and your physician to pore over at your leisure.
I have had a really thorough look at two of the market leaders in the field of sports watches and have filtered it all down to just two that I’d suggest you consider. If not for you, then as the perfect Christmas presents this year. I’ve called this research my ‘GPS watch reviews’.
At number one, I believe this Garmin running watch sits at the top of the pile. Its full title is the: Garmin Forerunner 405CX GPS Sport Watch with Heart Rate Monitor.Credit: amazon
For those of you who have owned an automotive GPS for a while I betcha you have already heard of Garmin? They are right up there in the marketplace with GPS tracking technology, devices and of course wonderful mapping software. No surprise then that my research indicates that this Garmin running watch has just about the best GPS mapping and tracking inside its sleek frame. But it also has a host of those other features we chatted about above, and more. How about a ‘virtual partner’ to pace you!
- Loaded with serious training features, Forerunner 405CX continuously records your time, distance, pace, calories burned and heart rate.
- Advanced training features will challenge you to step up your pace and race against Forerunner's Virtual Partner.
- Forerunner 405CX comes with a flexible, wireless heart rate monitor to help you make the most out of your training.
- Share your locations, advanced workouts and courses wirelessly with other Forerunner 405 users.
- Once you've logged the miles, innovative ANT+ wireless technology automatically transfers data to your computer when Forerunner is in range.
As well as giving this watch a thorough going over, I also listened to what the Amazon buyers out there thought of it. A lot it seems, if these customer reviews are an indication:
- “Great watch for running indoors or outdoors. After using the Forerunner 305 for over two years, I decided to replace it with the 405cx and am very happy with my decision.”
- “I really did my homework in choosing a fitness watch with heart rate monitor. I ordered competing models from Garmin, Timex, Polar, and Suunto, to look them over closely and compare. Then I sent them all back but this one, (the Garmin 405CX).”
My number two choice as far as a sports watch for men or women goes, is this one; the Nike+ GPS Sports Watch.Credit: amazon
As you can see from the picture here, it has a more colorful look about it, but let me assure you it is packed with all the desirable features.
- Water resistant Nike+ SportWatch features TomTom GPS for accurate speed and distance information, indoors or out--even if the GPS signal gets interrupted
- Track your time, distance, pace or speed, beats per minute (BPM) heart rate (with optional HRM sensor sold separately by Polar), and calories burned; view your mapped route with pace data/changes in elevation on Nikeplus.com
- Track NikeFuel on Nikeplus.com after every run; Time/Date set feature
- Rechargeable lithium polymer battery charges via USB, provides eight hours of run time with the GPS and sensor both turned on, up to 50 days of standby power
- Join challenges and connect with friends as a member of Nikeplus.com-view/share routes, find popular running areas, share activity on Facebook or Twitter.
Once again I researched the heck out of this unisex sports watch, and it came up very, very well indeed. Unlike the native Garmin model, Nike has incorporated the Tom Tom GPS tracking software inside.
Again, I am definitely not on my own with high praise for this Nike offering. Here’s what some of the customers using Amazon said:
- “This watch does just about everything right, and the price recently dropped $30, which is never a bad thing.”
- “Build quality is awesome, the band is comfortable and doesn't become rigid on a hand .. Water resistance is enough to forget about the watch while having shower (tested) .. I like this watch so much that I often wear it with business clothes without hesitation.”
So dear readers, there you have it. I hope that my labors have taken some of the guesswork out of choosing a top flight men’s or women’s sports watch. Happy shopping!
Amazon Price: $149.85 Buy Now
(price as of Sep 9, 2016)