You just hung up the phone stunned by what you heard. You have extended family that wants to pay you a visit - and they are bringing the kids. But where will all of them sleep? You remember that you have this old futon in the family room. It is comfortable, but boy it is twelve years old and really looks it. You just don't want your family to see that scruddy looking thing. You need an emergency makeover done with futon covers.
Futons have been around for years. The appeal of them is the flexibility of having a sofa-like piece of furniture that can also extend into a bed. If you find yourself in a situation like the one described above or just want to update your futon then consider these tips:
- Measure the futon mattress to get a determination of the size of futon cover your need.
- Make sure any futon covers you select will fit the thickness of the mattress.
- Velcro fasteners make for a better cover-closing feature than zippers and are more easily replaced.
- To be inexpensive, look for futon covers that have all their panels made from the same fabric.
- Is it dry-clean only or washable?
- Piping around the edge looks nice, and provides some better wear, but it will push up the cost of the cover.
Any one of these stores have a readily available stock of futon covers that will meet the demands of the moment to provide you with the makeover that you need even if you need one at the last minute. Price ranges run from $25.00 to $195.00. Locate the style, material, size, and the price you want to pay and drive over to the store and pick up your instant family room rescue kit.
You will be amazed at how quickly you will have purchased your selection from the many available styles and are on your way back home. Carefully lay it out and follow the installation directions. Then step back and admire how beautiful your newly decorated futon looks and how pleasing it fits into the rest of the family room. With many fabrics and designs available, futon covers provide a quick way to jazz up any room in your house.