Considering you already have a christmas cookie recipe, listed here are some items of recommendation to make perfect cookies:
1. Sifting and accurate measurement of flour is important if your cookies are to end up simply right. An excessive amount of flour and your cookies shall be dry and laborious; too little could cause them to unfold during baking. Flour packs down during storage, so if your recipe requires sifted flour, sift. In case you don't, you may be adding an excessive amount of flour to your dough. Spoon the sifted flour into the measuring cup, leveling off with the straight edge of a knife for accurate measurement.
2. When measuring brown sugar, bear in mind to pack it down into the measuring cup after which stage off with a knife.
3. Butter will give your cookies a rich, distinctive flavor, a uniformly, tremendous texture and a pleasant yellow color. Cookies baked with butter preserve better, staying fresh and moist for weeks when saved in an air-tight container. The butter flavor improves with storage, too. Vegetable shortening can also be popular for some varieties of recipes; it's odorless and tasteless, and can make cookies crispy or chewy, depending on the amount used.
4. If you are uninterested in ordinary cookies, make fancy shapes. For Christmas, Angel, Santa and Reindeer cookies would be nice and easy.
If you happen to be waiting for the christmas vacation season and questioning how you're going to get all your baking accomplished, take into account freezing your cookie dough or contemporary baked cookies forward of time. When the christmas vacations get closer you will get that last little bit of SHOPPING accomplished or last current made as an alternative of spending all of your time within the kitchen.
Freezing Cookie Dough
Cookie dough will freeze properly for four to six weeks. Rolls of dough needs to be sealed tightly in plastic wrap (chill in refrigerator first before freezing). Other forms of dough should be stored in hermetic containers. Drop cookies (unbaked) may be frozen on cookie sheets and transferred to freezer bags. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking.
Do not attempt to freeze mushy meringue-type cookie dough. Chocolate chip, brownies, peanut butter, and sugar cookie dough (or something related) freezes well. Let the dough defrost in the fridge (about 2-3 hours). Be certain that to label the container with the date and kind of cookie dough.
Freezing Baked Cookies
Virtually any baked cookie freezes well. Let cookies completely cool before freezing. Wrap cookies individually in plastic wrap then store them in a ziploc freezer bag or storage tin (coffee cans or vacation tins work nice). You can too just layer the cookies between layers of waxed paper within the container, however the individually wrapped ones will retailer longer.
Freeze frosted cookies uncovered first till they're firm. Then pack them in airtight container lined with plastic wrap or foil. Ensure that to label the container with the date and kind of cookies. Unfrosted cookies may be frozen up to 6-12 months (frosted, about 3 months). Frozen cookies thaw in about 10 minutes at room temperature (in case you can wait that lengthy). If cookies ought to be crisp when thawed, take away them from the container earlier than thawing.
1 c. sugar
three/four c. butter
3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
half of tsp. cloves
1/2 c. molasses
In a big bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs. Stir in flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Add molasses, stirring well. Refrigerate dough for an hour or two to chill. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in a little sugar and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 three/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
In a big bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Refrigerate dough for an hour or two to chill. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in a mix of cinnamon and sugar. Place 2 inches aside on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Peanut Butter Crackles
1 3/4 c. flour
half of c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. peanut butter
Chocolate kisses or stars
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 levels for 12 minutes. Take away from oven and press chocolate kisses firmly into cookie
Gift Ideas for Christmas or Setting the Christmas Mood
1. Christmas Apron: Inspiration in preparing dinner to make extra Christmas vacation goodies by making an apron for him or her out of crimson and white fabric, accented with a dish towel with beautiful xmas pattern.
2. Bottles of Gourmet Vinegar: Do not throw wine bottles away. They make good containers for herbed vinegars or vinaigrette salad dressing. Or you could paint them with Christmas scenes and you can also make beautiful stories out of them.
3. Christmas Plates: It's time to convey out the Christmas plates you've got kept within the cupboard for the previous 300 days. Set your company' eating table with a Christmas motif at all times prepared for guests. This may very well be one of the areas the place your imagination can have free play to cheer up not only the household but additionally anybody who comes for a holiday visit.