There are plenty of ways to get cheap clothes for kids. In fact, if you don't mind spending a little time on your search, you can get new designer name items at a fraction of the cost. Clothing is one of those things you just cannot do without, but that doesn't mean it needs to cost so much. If you are looking for ways to get cheap clothes for kids, you will have plenty of options available.
Those that don't mind used items will have no problem getting cheap clothes for kids. In fact, you can expect to pay as little as 10% of the cost of new items when you go to yard sales. Once frowned up by the upper crust of society, the yard sale crowd seems to be growing. This is because it's one of the best ways to get cheap clothes for kids. Here's how to make sure you get the best deals.
1. Shop early. If you really want to get cheap clothes for kids, you'll want to get to the sales nice and early. You will have the best selection this way.
2. Plan your day. Look through the paper and decide which sales are the best ones to hit first. Look for cheap clothes for kids that are listed in the paper and plan your day accordingly.
3. Buy bulk. If you buy many items at a single sale, you'll have better luck haggling on price. Try it, it's a great way to get cheap clothes for kids.
4. For designer clothes, you may do well sticking to the ritzy sections of town. This way, you'll get name brand, cheap clothes for kids.
Shop for the following year:
When you look for cheap clothes for kids at the department stores, you will have better luck if you shop clearance type sales. When do the clearance sales happen? They happen near the end of the season. In other words, most of the summer apparel will have deeper discounts in the fall, and into the winter. Here's how to make sure you get the best deals.
1. Learn markdown days. Many stores have specific days that the markdowns take place. Not all stores advertise the sales, so getting to learn the days the markdowns happen will improve your chances of landing cheap clothes for kids this way.
2. Look for additional savings. Check out the advertisements for the stores in your area. Many times, they will offer up really big savings. Look for bonus discounts, two for ones, and other types of savings to get cheap clothes for kids.
3. Compare prices. Yes, this seems really obvious, but it's a great way to find cheap clothes for kids. In a local mall, you are likely to find price differences on identical items from store to store. Take advantage of the competition and compare prices.
Big box retailer or high end apparel?:
Depending on your view, cheap clothes for kids may not be the cheapest, but the best value. This makes perfect sense, and it's something to consider when you look for apparel. If you would like to know how to compare the big box brands, versus the big name brands, there are some things to think about:
1. Hand me downs. If you have more than one child, you may intend to make the cheap clothes for kids that you purchase last for more than one child. This makes sense. The big box, generic type apparel is less likely to look good after multiple washings. For many, cheap clothes for kids aren't just the lowest prices, but the best deal.
2. Trends. There are fads that come and go, it's just a fact of life. If you are looking at cheap clothes for kids, you may be better off getting a less expensive brand, so you're not out as much when the style fades out of favor.
3. Overall quality. For some items, like winter coats worn in the northern states, there is no substitute for quality. On this type of apparel item, your child may not be warm enough. If the quality isn't up to par, cheap clothes for kids become less of a bargain.
Second hand stores:
Goodwill, St. Vincent's, and a whole slew of other second hand type stores offer up cheap clothes for kids. While a little more expensive than yard sales, the bargain pricing is undeniable. These stores typically go through the apparel before it hits the floor, so the really junky stuff gets tossed out, or marked way down. Check out second hand stores when you're looking for cheap clothes for kids, you just may find bargains you cannot refuse.
Surplus and flawed items:
You can find great, high quality apparel at these types of stores. Some larger companies have outlet stores where they sell the flawed items. This is a great way to get cheap clothes for kids. Generally speaking, you'll be dealing with new, never worn items, making it more appealing to many. In addition, you can find the name brand items that are in style. For many this is the only way to go when looking for cheap clothes for kids.
Trading with family and neighbors is a great way to get cheap clothes for kids. If you can work it out with a neighbor, you could exchange you child's apparel, for their child's apparel. Here's a great example of how it works: Suzy has a son, 8, and a daughter, 13. Her neighbor has a daughter, 9, and a son, 14. Suzy can swap her daughter's clothes, for her neighbor son's apparel. The neighbors daughter will wear the apparel in a few years. Suzy's son will also be able to wear the neighbor son's apparel down the road. You can see how effective this can be when there are multiple neighbors or family members.
There really are several ways to get cheap clothes for kids, you just have to be willing to put a little time and effort into your search. It's always fun finding a bargain, so try out some of these methods for all your apparel needs.