Many moms want to look their best every day, but sometimes it's just not worth getting out of the bed early enough to go to the trouble. As a result, you might often see moms who look tired, haggard and spent. If you're like most women, you need a little makeup to keep from looking washed out. You can get yourself looking presentable in ten minutes or less with these simple steps:
1. Comb your hair and pull it back into a bun. It will be harder for someone to notice that your hair is unwashed and dirty if it's not hanging down around your shoulders. If you can't get your bun to look neat and tidy, throw a baseball cap over the top of it.
2. Brush your teeth, wash your face and dot some concealer over any noticeable pimples. Don't worry about the rest of your skin, just focus on problem areas. After using concealer, dab some powder on the areas of your face that are most likely to become oily throughout the day. For most women, this is the T-zone, which consists of the forehead, nose and chin.
3. Take a minute to put some mascara on your lashes, but don't bother with eyeliner or eyeshadow. Just a hint of mascara will be enough to bring out your eyes.
4. Put on some colored lip gloss. Lipstick isn't really necessary. The colored gloss will add just a hint of color and give your lips a little shine. Another bonus of lip gloss is that it's very easy to apply and any mistakes you might make while putting it on can be corrected much more easily than lipstick mistakes.
5. If your ears are pierced, put on some earrings. This will brighten you up a bit and make you look more made up than you are. No one would ever guess that you just rolled out of bed five minutes ago.
6. As tempting as it may be, don't go out in your pajamas. If you do this, all your other efforts at looking made up will have been for nothing. There's no way to make a person believe that you spent an hour getting ready if you're still dressed in your night clothes. Take just a minute and throw on some jeans and a shirt.
No matter how you look to yourself when you are done, keep in mind that we are our own biggest critics. You will always think you look worse than anyone else will think you look. If you follow the above steps, you might not look like you've spent an hour getting ready, but you'll most definitely look as though you spent more than ten minutes on your appearance.