Glass water fountains are a common way of adding a modern touch to your home. By having a fountain in the room you not only add beauty to your home but you also provide a functional piece that promotes a healthy atmosphere.
There are different types of glass water features available today in the marketplace. Glass fountains are particularly luxurious decorative pieces and usually look great in any home.
Various types of glass models available today are:
- Glass Floor Fountains: These are either single-walled or double-walled. They come in different shapes and sizes and range in height from 40 inches to10 feet. The price ranges from $250 to $4000 and above.
- Wall Glass Fountain: Wall water fountains are made for indoor placement and are widely used for decorating in offices and homes. They come in different materials such as slate or Italian marble and the price varies accordingly. Generally it ranges from $690 to $8000 and above depending upon the size and material used.
- Art Glass Fountain: This type of fountain focuses on the artwork on the glass. The artwork can be constructed according to your choice and the material used in artwork design is specialized just for this purpose. These are generally used in hotels and offices. The price range of these items range from $1,000 to $10,000 and above.
- Bubble Glass Fountain: These typically have a bubble type waterfall that flows along the glass sides. They range in price from $1,100 to $7,000 and above.
Using a glass water fountain in your garden or home has various advantages:
- A glass water fountain keeps the air pleasant and moist which helps to provide a cooling effect in the surroundings.
- It can be used for aromatherapy purposes if you add a small amount of aromatic oil into the water. The process helps in keeping the fragrance of the oil in the surroundings and thus creates an aesthetic and tranquil atmosphere around the decorative piece.
- It enhances the beauty of your house or garden and adds an ambiance wherever it is placed.
- It prevents dry skin diseases by keeping the atmosphere humidified.
A glass desk or wall fountain has the following maintenance needs:
- It is a delicate piece and can break if it falls. It must be placed in an environment where it will be safe.
- If a glass fountain is installed outside, it must be moved indoors in winter when cold weather could lead to glass breakage.
- Always clean and check the water level of the fountain as the pump used in them will burn if there is a shortage of water. The minimum level of the water must be maintained and checked weekly.
- Always clear away the dry leaves that may fall into the glass. These dry leaves can get stuck in the pump of the fountain and cause severe damage to the motor.
- Always call an electrician and plumber once a year for regular checkups of the fountain.
You can get a glass fountain by visiting just about any home goods store or by doing your shopping online with any one of the many specialty retailers such as watergallery.net, waterartsindia.com, and other related merchants.