Special occasion and uncertain of what to wear? Feeling tired of your everyday ensemble and want to spice it up?
Here are some great tips to step out looking fabulous and let your inner fashionista shine.
All the models and stars pull off the 'Glitz & Glamour" very nicely. I'm here to share with you how ANY woman can do the same. It's time to take a long look in the mirror and start appreciating the woman who you have become. Forget the way your hair is flat, those unforgiving blemishes, or how your clothes are fitting. We can fix that. First, you just need to embrace your inner and outer beauty. Determine what you love the most about yourself and lets enhance those qualities.
Shopping tips to keep you on a budget and looking like you just stepped out of a magazine:
1. Decide what style is reflective of you and what you would like to add to your wardrobe. It's important to stay true to yourself. For example, if you can only stand to walk in heels the first ten minutes, chances are you aren't going to start strolling around town in stilettos even though you love the color. Instead, look for ballet flats that are still very chic and lets face it, so much nicer to your feet.
2. Search your closet for items that compliment your body. We can build different outfits just by switching the accessories, shoes, and hairstyles. It would be a good idea to go ahead and purge your closet of items you never wear or are not flattering. This helps declutter your life and gives you the opportunity to donate items to those in need.
3. Now that you have and idea of what you like and what looks best on you, lets build on that. Head out to a discounted store. There are plenty to choose from these days. TJMaxx, Marshall's, Ross, H&M, Forever 21, Target, and Plato's Closet are just a few. By the way, stores similar to Plato's Closet are the best. They sell gently worn, name brand clothing, and you get store credit for the clothes you bring in. It's a win, win situation.
4. Look for pieces you can use to accessorize. Jewelry is a great way to transform your look! I can't stress enough at what a difference beautiful pieces can make in pulling together the outfit. Scarves and belts are another easy way to jazz up your outfit. Both of these come in so many styles and colors. It is easy to switch out these colors and have an entire new look with the same shirt. Invest in a few different styles of coats. Fitted boyfriend style blazers are perfect! Pair a blazer with jeans to instantly have a business casual style. Transform a pair of shorts and tank top into a stylish outfit with a fitted coat. Lightweight coats such as these aren't just for the colder months anymore.
5. Every woman's weakness. Shoes. Shoes speak volumes, and it's not always what you want them to say. Color coordinate your shoes with your ensemble and really make a statement. TJMaxx and DSW has some of the cutest shoes and always at a great price. You can find good quality shoes that won't hurt you feet at amazing prices.
The best tip I can give to keep you on a budget is to work with what you have and only add a few necessity pieces. It is simple to mix and match different pieces and make it look like you have a larger closet than you really do! Good luck transforming your weary wardrobe!