Easy to follow homemade gluten free oatmeal cookie recipe
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour (just put 3 cups of oats in your blender and grind them into flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups rolled oats ( I love the oats from Trader Joes Rolled Oats which is not processed in the same facility as other gluten products)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes (optional, but you'll need to add 1/4 cup of white sugar if you don't use coconut flakes)
- 2 cups of nuts (any type you like)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. A hand blender works well.
- In a separate container, mix the oat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients from step 3 into the medium mixed bowl from step 2 and continue to blend with the blender until smooth.
- Stir in oats, coconut, nuts, and any other add-ons you like.
- Make sure the batter is not too runny (if it is, add more oat flour).
- Scoop by the spoonful on to a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake about 10 minutes until brown (depends on cookies sizes so check sooner if you make smaller cookies).
- Test the cookie by stabbing it with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- Take out the cookies and transfer to a cooling rack (off the cookie sheet).