Few technology products have aided the modern golfer more than the advent of cost effective GPS golfing solutions. Since being ratified by both the USGA and R&A for competitive play in 2008, Golf GPS's have quickly plummeted in price, becoming affordable for almost every golfer. Golflogix have been producing golf GPS devices since 1997 and have used their experience and expertise to create an almost perfect portable GPS solution that accurately informs the golfer of the distance from their ball to major fixtures and the front, middle and back of the green.
The Golflogix GPS is not the flashiest golf GPS on the market. Some may see its black and white screen and the fact that it does not show graphical representations of the hole as flaws, but having used the device for over 2 years, these are major assets.
Where the Golflogix GPS excels is showing you exactly the information you need to know, when you need it. Because it only displays the yardage (in either yards or metres) in black and white text, it is perfectly visible in direct sunlight. I have tried color screen models from other suppliers and they are all almost impossible to read on a bright sunny day. Even with its simple interface, all of the information for the hole is at your fingertips. The device will show the distance to the closest 3 reference points. So for instance on a tee shot, it may show that the front of the bunker on the left is 190 yards, the back of the bunker is 220 yards and the 150 marker is 230 yards. If you need information beyond those points, it is a simple case of pressing the "up" button on the side of the device and it will than display the next 3 references points. Unlike more complicated units, the Golflogix unit keeps everything refreshingly simple, without compromising on functionality.
Additional Golflogix Features
- The Golflogix Garmin GPS unit stores up to 20 individual courses within its memory, perfect for that golf trip away.
- Runs off standard 2x AA batteries â Due to its black and white screen and simple but effective display, a standard set of AA batteries will last you 5 full rounds.
- 100% Waterproof â Unlike other Golf GPS units (especially smart phones), you don't have to worry about protecting your unit when it inevitably rains.
- Competitively Priced â Available now from Amazon for $149.99 with free shipping.
- Wide Range Of Genuine Accessories â A range of accessories including cart holders and bag clip attachments to make mounting your new GPS and making it viewable when you need it a breeze.
- Functionality to measure the exact distance of your last shot - Just blasted a drive? Find out just how far it really went.
- Automatically Determines Which Course You Are Playing By GPS.
- The Widest Range Of Courses Available â Golflogix has mapped over 20,000 courses world wide. If you are playing a course that hasn't been mapped, a quick email to their support team and they generally will have the course mapped for you within 7 days.
- Shock Resistant â This device is tough, it has taken a beating hanging off the side of my carry bag without missing a beat.
It isn't the prettiest but after trying over a dozen competitors over the past 2 years, the Golflogix GPS unit is the best functional GPS device on the market today. With over two years of faithful service, I would no sooner play a round without my putter then play a round of golf without my Golflogix.
Other Featured Articles
The original 2 ball putter the revolutionized putter design, the Odyssey 2 ball is still the best mallet putter on the market. Discover how this iconic putter can improve your putting today with this detailed review.
The greatest difficulty with putting is that it is equally a physical and mental challenge, to consistently putt well, golfers need to master both the mechanics of making a repeatable putting stroke and the mental aspects of judging line, speed, feel all while maintaining confidence. Your playing partner may be able to out drive you by 20 yards, but following the tips and advice in these two books will ensure it's you who is smiling as your walk off the 18th green with his money in your wallet again.
The weather does not always co-operate when it comes to your next round of golf. Learn the simple tips and practical ideas that will have you shooting below handicap even when the weather gods are not being kind.