A review of the features of two of the Kindle Fire Tablets; On Sale Now!
Grab a Kindle Fire - Discount Included.
A Tale of Tablets.
First there was but one, Apple's Ipad, then came Samsung with its Galaxy and now Kindle has well and truly entered this competitive market with its Kindle Fire. Kindle is now owned by the online retailing giant Amazon, and so it is probably no surprise that Amazon is where you can grab a variety of Kindle Fire tablets at discount prices.
So let's review the features of a couple of models of Kindle Fire tablets. In fact both these models of Kindle Fire can be had at a discount. Kindle Fire on sale if you like!
16gb Kindle Fire HD at around $200.
This model might be considered as an entry point to the Kindle family. As the name suggests it comes with 16gb of storage, as well as a decent 7 inch screen. Another innovative feature is it's patented 'dual antenna wi-fi', which it states can increase download speeds by up to 40% over the equivalent Ipad model.
Here are some more of its standard features:
- 1280x800 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Exclusive Dolby audio and dual-driver stereo speakers for immersive, virtual surround sound
- High performance 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performance
- Integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! and more, as well as Exchange calendar, contacts, and email
- Free Skype video calls with front-facing HD camera
- Free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content
While assembling this review I saw that this 16gb model has already hit Amazon's top seller list, and has over 1 300 customer reviews and a 4/5 star rating.
"I love it. It is portable, I never take my Ipad anywhere, just too big. I uploaded my entire music library from Itunes to Amazon Cloud, .. and of course all of my books are on it."
"First, this product is absolutely incredible. I really went into it expecting to dislike it. I even tried to cancel my order, but I was too late and it was delivered.... Image quality is stunning. Really really terrific...Build quality is, I think, actually better than the iPad (which shocked me)"
"I really dont think you can beat this at its price range at all... I am really happy with my choice."
So at around 2/3 of the price of an equivalent Ipad or Galaxy, I really do believe that Kindle has come up with an entry level winner here.
Kindle Fire HD 4G LTE 32gb Wireless.
Ok so we have had a look at Kindle's entry model, now lets explore the top shelf offering. This stunning tablet has a bigger screen at 8.9 inches, Ultra-fast 4G LTE wireless capability and again that patented Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for 40% faster downloads and streaming.
This model retails at around $550, but by using the native re-seller, Amazon, you can get it for less, right now. Again, never to be called a cheap Kindle Fire, but rather a quality advanced Kindle Fire on sale!
As well as the features noted above, here are some more of this models features:
- 1920x1200 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Exclusive Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers for crisp, booming sound without distortion
- High performance 1.5Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performance
- Over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and popular apps and games such as Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, HBO GO, Pandora, and Angry Birds Space
- Kindle FreeTime - a personalized tablet experience just for kids. Set daily screen limits, and give access to proper content for each child.
I found this model to be lightening fast and just as easy to use and intuitive as its competitors. It felt light and comfortable in the hands with very good screen resolution in both portrait and landscape modes. This felt like a tablet that I would happily own for quite a few years. Is it a cheap Kindle Fire? No, it aint, but you get what you pay for and this top range model delivers in every way I could determine.
So folks there is never a bad time to buy a treat for yourself or a quality gift for someone special. I can thoroughly recommend grabbing yourself a Kindle Fire discount right now.
Amazon Price: $399.00 Buy Now
(price as of May 30, 2013)