Sometimes, it just takes happy sayings to brighten up your day.
Life can get hectic, and you wonder sometimes if you will ever get a chance to stop and smell the roses. It doesn't hurt to take some time for yourself. That actually is a tip for happiness, is to take some time for yourself.
Although happiness means something different to each person, happy sayings can get you in the right frame of mind to rethink just how you are going about your day. Here are a few happy sayings to perk up your day, or maybe just make you think, about what makes you happy and where you are going. There are happy sayings or thoughts on happiness for each day of the week, along with their author!1. "Happiness can not be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude." --Denis Waitley
2. "Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope." --Indian Proverb
3. "The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." ~Benjamin Franklin
4. "Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy." ~Robert Anthony
5. "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." ~Frederick Keonig
6. "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
7. "We are seldom happy with what we now have, but would go to pieces if we lost any part of it." ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960
The definition of happiness is different for everybody. But a friend once told me, he found true happiness when he got rid of all the belongings he had worked all his life for in pursuit of happiness. That the belongings and toys were fun for a while, but then became a burden and made him unhappy.
He had a huge garage sale, and sold off his many belongings and kept the ones that meant the most to him. As each one sold, he felt lighter and happier. So, many people think they will be happy if they could just get that new car, or just get that bigger house, or whatever. The happiness is temporary, and then the new car shine wears off.
Happiness is inside of us, it is not in the things we own. I do know that much. Ask anyone who has survived a serious illness or accident. They look at life differently then they did before.
Maybe today, think about what makes you happy. If you are at peace with yourself and can smile and feel light, then you are one of the lucky ones.
Check out happy sayings, anything that makes you stop and think about your day. Smile or laugh at all the little things in life. Don't wait to be happy.
As a serious illness survivor, I used to search out happy sayings, to help with recovery. I also realized that you do need to stop and smell the roses. That phrase is true. If you have to schedule in time to stop and smell the roses, then you need to change your day.
The above are seven happy sayings, or thoughts for the day. Seek out some more and find ones that fit you. Think of them as a mantra in a hectic day, and take some time for yourself and "be happy"!