The joy of a job completion is acknowledged in fall. Many harvest festivals are abounding in October and this is always just plain, good fun. There are many fruits that are ripe and ready for eating or picking and taking to the market to sell and to allow grocers an abundance for others’ to enjoy. Pears are a subtle, juicy and sweet fruit that has many varieties. In this Harvest Festival Pear bread recipe you can use whatever is available and ripe. There is such a warm and satisfying feeling when you take a bite of this warm harvest festival pear bread with butter and a few drops of honey or apricot jam.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cleaned, pitted, peeled pears
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the soft butter and sugar thoroughly together.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs to the butter mix and blend well.
- Blend in the one inch cubed and peeled pear meat
- Add the dry ingredients and gently incorporate the ingredients together.
- Put the mix in an oiled 9 by 5 inch bread pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until done.
- Top with a cream cheese and sugar frosting while hot, to form a glaze as the cake cools.