What is Calamansi?
Calamansi is one of the tiniest and cheapest fruit that you will see in the market. It is a small fruit but the size of calamansi does not reflect the many benefits it can give to your body. The fruit can enhance your beauty, helps promote your immune system and help you lose weight. Calamansi maybe small in size but if we are going to enumerate the health benefits and wonders of calamansi, you may say that this fruit is a Giant.
Health Benefits of Calamansi
- Calamansi helps strengthen our immune system.
- It is rich in vitamin C so it may help maintains our bones and teeth healthy.
- It helps quicken the body's ability to repair wounds.
- The juice of calamansi serves as a liver cleanser and it helps keep our liver clean.
- It helps eliminate toxins in our body that results in a faster weight loss.
- Calamansi is good if you have burns because it helps reduce burning sensation.
- It helps increase perspiration that helps lessen the uncomfortable effects if you have colds, flu and fever.
- It helps control high blood pressure.
- A mixture of calamansi and water can help a person with respiratory problem.
Other Uses of Calamansi
- Calamansi can be use for hair growth. Before taking a bath, rub calamansi in your scalp and after 15 minutes you can already rinse it. Do it every day to help your hair grow.
- If you have dandruff, you can use calamansi to reduce dandruff. Just rub it to your scalp to reduce itching.
- It can also be use as a deodorant. After taking a bath, rub the slice calamansi in your armpit and let it dry. It will also help lighten your armpit because sometimes deodorants tend to darken our armpits.
- It helps whiten your skin.
- If you are dizzy or nauseous, you can smell the peel of calamansi just squeeze it, just be careful not to squeeze it near your eyes.
- Calamansi is also good in removing stains in your clothes. Just dab some calamansi drops on the stained area.
- If you are washing white clothes, soak your white clothes in water with calamansi extract and powder detergent for at least 10 minutes and it can help whiten it.
- It help remove acne.
How to Use Calamansi for Whitening:Caring For Your Teeth
Uses of Calamansi In Food
- Calamansi can also be use as a marinade. Mix calamansi juice, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and garlic. If you want it spicy include chili.
- It can be mixed with soy sauce, fish sauce and salt; will make a delicious dipping sauce.
- It can also be added to pancit and arroz caldo to add flavor and aroma.
- If you will cook beef steak calamansi and soy sauce is the main ingredient of it.
Planting Calamansi Tree
In the Philippines, calamansi is easy to cultivate and the most popular and commonly used citrus fruit. The top 10 major producing provinces are Mindoro Oriental, Quezon, Nueva Ecija, North Cotabato, Davao Del Norte, Guimaras, Cagayan, Agusan del Sur, Compostella Valley and Batangas. The trees will start to bear fruit in one to two years after planting. The tree bears fruit 2-3 times a year. But if you are really excited to have calamansi tree in your backyard, and see them grow fast, you can buy seedlings. Here in the Philippines, you can buy seedlings which are sometimes 3-5 feet tall and sometimes bearing fruit already. Prices range from P60-P100 pesos. There are also some sellers in Amazon that are selling calamondin seedlings.
I always dream of having a calamansi farm not only because of its many health benefits but also because I wanted to invest in calamansi business which is also profitable in the Philippines.
Some of us prefer natural ways to improve our health not only because we lack budget but also because we sometimes believe that doing it naturally is safer rather than doing it chemically. As I have already elaborated the Health Benefits and Uses of Calamansi, as a start, why don’t you include drinking calamansi juice in your daily habit or why don’t you try mixing calamansi in your dipping sauce. You may not feel the effect now, but in a long run, you may benefit on it. Remember prevention is better than cure.