Fat Free Reduced Sugar Healthy Pumpkin Pie RecipeThanksgiving is a time to be thankful, however, if you don't pay at least a little attention to what you eat, you may not be thankful for the belly you grow over the holiday. To help you keep your trim figure, here is a nice healthy pumpkin pie recipe that is both low in fat as well as low in sugar.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (1 3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces skim milk or low-fat soymilk
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 reduced fat graham cracker crust (take off the sides of the crust and discard)
- 3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- pumpkin pie spice ( or 1stp Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cloves)
- 2 egg whites, for the crust
Brush the pie crust with 2 egg whites
Cook at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, this will help prevent it from becoming soggy later on.
Pie Preparation:Pre heat your oven to 425 Â°F
In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, milk and three egg whites until the mix is very smooth.
Slowly stir in the Splenda, 1/4 cup at a time.
Mix in the pumpkin spice (or alternative spices listed above). Once well mixed, taste to see if its good, if not add a bit more until preferred taste is achieved.
Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie crust and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
Bake for 15 minutes at 450 Â°F, then remove from the oven, reduce heat to 350 Â°F and cook for another 45 minutes.
Allow your pie to cool for 5-10 minutes then enjoy!
Happy fat free Thanksgiving every one!