Gifts that children can make for celebrations such as Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays or Christmas!
These inexpensive gifts are sure to be treasured!
Pasta is cheap and a great collage item. These gifts mainly use pasta and glue although they can be altered to suit the materials that you have available.
Pasta Picture Frames
- 6 x 4” photo
- 2 pieces of 8 x 6” stiff coloured cardboard
- Uncooked Pasta
- Take one of the 8 x 6” cardboard pieces. Cut a rectangle shape in the centre of this piece leaving a 1.75” border.
- Ask your child to decorate this front part of the frame with the pasta and glue. This could be done in a pattern such as penne, spaghetti, penne, spaghetti for example.
- Leave to dry.
- Glue the edge of the photo so that it fits in the frame.
- Attach the back of the frame using glue.
- Use coloured pasta to create a different look.
- Use other decorative materials such as paint, glitter or collage to enhance the frame.
- Use a hole punch and string to attach a hanger to the top of the frame.
- Penne Pasta (use coloured pasta if available)
- Wool or ribbon
- Cut the ribbon or wool to the length required.
- Thread one piece of pasta onto the wool and tie to create a ‘stopper’.
- Thread the remaining pasta onto the wool. You can create patterns using different colours.
- Tie the two ends of the string together to create your necklace!
- Cut smaller lengths of ribbon or wool to create matching bracelets!
Credit: freeimageslive from stockvault.net
- Box with lid such as an empty chocolates box
- Pasta (plain or coloured)
- Paint the chocolate box to cover any brand logos or pictures.
- Use the glue and pasta to decorate the box.
- Use glitter, ribbon or collage to jazz up the jewellery box.
- On the top of the box, you might like to use the pasta to spell out your first initial.
Credit: Merelize from stockvault.net
These name plaques can be used to decorate the recipient’s bedroom.
- 30cm x 10cm piece of stiff cardboard
- Write the name of the recipient using the paintbrush and a generous amount of glue.
- Place the pasta on the glue to spell out the name.
- Use coloured pasta or sprinkle rice on the glue.
- Add some glitter after the pasta has been applied.
- Use stickers or collage to decorate around the name plaque.