Home remedies for acne often include as part of the acne cure, the use of facial moisturizers. Moisturizers for acne prone skin have to be soothing to irritated skin and they have to be light weight so they do not block up the pores. After cleaning the skin and removing the excess oil, dead skin cells, and dirt, it is important to replace the natural oils with some sort of moisturizer. Many may think it counter productive to place more oil on the face, when it is excess oil production that can cause acne. After cleaning the skin however, it will react to the loss of moisture by producing more natural oils thus leading to a endless cycle.
By using a light weight, non-clogging, moisturizing oil, it is possible to head off that natural excessive oil production. What follows in a lists of some of the best natural home remedies for acne that can be used as moisturizers. Be sure to test any substance before hand to see if there is going to be any adverse reaction to it. Rub some of the substance on an unnoticeable area like the inside of the arm and wait 24 hours to see if there is any reaction to it. Use these natural facial moisturizers by first cleaning the face with a facial wash or facial mask and then leaving it damp as the moisturizers will work better if the skin is wet. Rub in a small amount and gentle wipe off any excess.
1. Olive oil - place some virgin olive oil on a cotton ball and rub it over the skin.
2. Vitamin E oil - get it at the pharmacy in capsule form. Just open a capsule and rub the light weight oil onto the skin.
3. Lavender oil - expensive but worth it and you will love the smell. It will also help to fade acne scars.
4. Bring 1/4 cup of milk to a boil and remove from the heat, add the juice from 1 lime and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well and allow to cool before using on the skin. Store unused mixture in the fridge for up to 3 days.
5. Mix together 1 egg yolk, 1/4 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil. Use as a moisturizing mask, leaving on the skin for 1 hour before rinsing off.
6. Combine 1/4 cup of rosewater with 1 tablespoon glycerin to make an acne lotion. Mix well and apply to the skin at night to moisturize and nourish the skin.
7. Combine 1 teaspoon organic honey (the darker the better), 1 tablespoon Coconut oil, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Mix well and store in the fridge till you use it. Rub a small amount on the face at night and rinse off if needed in the morning.
8. Slice open one ripe peach, remove the pit and mash the peach flesh. Squeeze the juice out of the peach using a sieve or some cheezecloth. To the juice add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon almond oil, 1/4 teaspoon orange oil, and 1/4 teaspoon rosewater. Mix well and use at night as a moisturizing mask, washing off in the morning. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
9. Mix together 1/4 cup cooked Oatmeal, 1 tablespoon Aloe vera gel, and 2 tablespoons dark organic Honey. Use overnight as a moisturizing mask and rinse off in the morning. This recipe is really good for overly dry skin.
Keeping your skin well moisturized by using one or more of these homemade acne treatment moisturizers will definity help to prevent acne flare ups. Understand that the coconut oil, orange oil, and almond oil, mentioned in this article, are not the cooking extracts used in the kitchen. They can usually be found at natural pharmacies or homeopathic stores.