An estimated 50 million people are suffering from the embarrassment of having dandruff. And many will go out and purchase dandruff shampoo to help control their dandruff to the tune of three hundred million dollars a year. But outside of dandruff shampoo, are there other home remedies for controlling dandruff? Are there natural ways to saying goodbye to dandruff rather than simply trying to control it? In this article, I am going to give several home remedies for dandruff that you probably have not heard of before.
Vinegar Treatments works for controlling dandruff- Many healthcare professionals recommend washing your scalp with a vinegar solution. The reason why they recommend this is because vinegar will help normalize the pH balance of your skin and scalp and restore your itchy, dry and flaky scalp into what it was before. Here is how to do it.
- Make a vinegar and water solution by combining 2 parts vinegar to 5 parts water. Apply to your scalp and leave on overnight. Wrap a towel around your head if you need to.
- When you wake up in the morning, rinse your hair once again with the vinegar scalp treatment.
- Crush 2 aspirin tablets and add them to your shampoo.
- Go about shampooing your hair, leaving the shampoo on your hair and scalp for a least 2 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Take the aloe vera gel and gently massage it into your scalp.
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Take some boric acid powder and add water.
- Massage it into your scalp and leave on for a couple minutes.
- Rinse and then shampoo as usual.
There you have it. 4 very interesting and unconventional home remedies to treating dandruff. I suggest you try each one for at least a week. If one doesn't work out for you, try the next one.There are many other sources of information if you are looking into how to get rid of dandruff. I am sure that one of these home remedies will treat your problem effectively. Have fun with it and good luck.