Homemade Veggie White Rice Wraps and Different Variations
Here is very Delicious, easy and cheap to make Veggie White Rice Wraps.One of the good thing of this recipe is that you can easily modify the recipe to suite your needs.
What is required?
1 medium red pepper, diced
1 cans kidney beans
1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
2 garlicpieces, minced
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
2 cups (500 mL) cooked white rice
1 cup frozen corn,
1/4 cup chopped red onions
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
6 wheat flour tortillas, warmed
1/2 cup cheese
3/4 cup salsa
1. In large fry pan, fry red pepper, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender. Add kidney beans, corn, red onions cumin and salt. Cook and stir 5 minutes.
2. Spoon 3/4 cup (175 ml) onto each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; add salsa. Fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately.
6 person can enjoy this in one cookingâ¦
One wrap equals
Fat-6 g fat (1 g saturated)
Carbohydrate 60 g
Other Variations of these wraps
You can easily modify the recipe to suite your taste. Here some more variations:
1. You can easily modify the recipe to suite your taste, or make several different variations so you can change things up for day-to-day lunches. You can add spinach, black beans, and chicken t and use a little teriyaki instead of salsa. You can do some experiment with different sauces and add other vegetables like carrots and celery for an added crunch. Also try different flavored wraps from your grocery store such as sundried tomato or spinach for added flavour,
2. If you didn't have white rice you can use brown. After filling the tortilla you can add fresh chopped cilantro, lemon, fresh chopped tomatoes instead of salsa, and chopped avocado. The cilantro and lemon gives an an added kick and an authentic.
3. You can add brown rice cooked with cumin and tomato, leftover black bean and corn salsa, (which included onion, tomato and hot peppers, among other things,) a sliced avocado, sharp cheddar cheese, a few pieces of nonfat yogurt cheese (as a sour cream substitute), and a squirt of hot sauce.
4. Instead of kidney beans you can use black beans. Inststead of corn, you can add Lima beans so the volume of the filling remained the same.