Simple guide to pinterest
Pinterest is an awesome website that shares and sparks creative ideas for all areas of your life. It's designed like a pinboard and enables users to select images of things they want to pin to their own board. You're able to follow friends that are members of the program (membership is entirely free). Categories range from Art, Animals, Cars, Education, Design, to Geek, Men's Fashion, Outdoors, and Science and Nature.
It has a confusing sign-up process, but once you get past that and explore the various categories you might be interested in, you'll love it!
1. Sign up at Pinterest.com. It will have the usual questions but then also ask you to select from a variety of images that are interesting to you. This selection of photos will give pinterest an idea of the things you will most likely enjoy and it will put those images on your home screen.
2. Once you have selected your photos you can start browsing categories. Go to any category you like from the pinterest homepage. Pinterest also has an awesome app for your smartphone.
3. As you browse you have three options.
- Do nothing as you view the pinboards of ideas.
- "Like" any of the images you see.
- "Re-pin" the images/ideas you like onto your own boards.
You can create and categories your own boards too. I have one for home, cooking, kids, holidays, and crafts.
4. As you create crafts or develop quick-fix solutions for the home you can share your own ideas on pinterest. You'll have to have your own website to do so. You can also add the Pinit button on your browser so as you surf the web and find interesting ideas and pictures, you can add it to your pinterest board and share with the whole community.
Enjoy and let the creativity spread!