In order to minimize any problems with wireless doorbells, you should research information before buying. Basically there are two kinds of doorbells that you can install in your home which are wired and wireless. Wired doorbells run off electricity and the wires are placed within the walls. They are fairly common in both old and new homes.
Wireless doorbells run without any wires. Wireless doorbells are a very popular option. Both the bell and the chimes have built in transmitters with no wires and can be easily moved. The chime, which is also a receiver, can be placed anywhere within range of the doorbell. The sound of the chime travels along the frequency from the doorbell to the chime unit. A wireless doorbell offers flexibility and simplicity. There are rarely any problems with wireless doorbells.
Installing The Doorbell
Installing a wireless doorbell is a pretty simple task and takes very little time. You can mount the bell by screwing it into place by the front or back entrance way depending on where you want it. You have the option of placing the chime component wherever you want inside of the home. There are typically two options for chime boxes either by battery power or electrical current. One of the problems with wireless doorbells is that by using batteries you will find that at times they will have to be replaced. Some people have an aversion to remembering to replace batteries.
Using wireless doorbells packages are ideal for apartment or home rentals. If your old door bell stopped working replacement is simple. The great thing about wireless doorbells is that you really don’t have to put holes in the walls because you can use double sided tape to put up the door bell rather than using screws. This way if you are renting you can easily take it with you when you move.
Amazon Price: $49.99 $25.01 Buy Now
(price as of Jun 20, 2015)
Wireless Doorbell Systems Buyer’s Guide
In order to avoid any problems with wireless doorbells there are several options to consider.
- Check the range of the doorbell transmitter before you purchase. Some of the best wireless doorbell systems have more of an extended range than others. You can buy doorbell systems with multiple chime units to boost the vicinity where you can hear the bell. This is one of the most frequent problems with wireless door bells that need to be considered.
- Consider the size of your home when buying a wireless doorbell. If you home is large think about all the areas that you want to be able to hear your doorbell ring. You probably want to have your doorbell be able to be heard in places like the basement, attic garage or outdoor spaces such as patios or decks. You will have problems with wireless doorbells if you can’t hear it throughout all areas of the home
- Wireless doorbells run on radio frequencies. You can set the transmitters to run on different frequencies in case there are other wireless doorbells in the area. You don’t want to have interference from other doorbells that may use the same frequency. Imagine if your neighbor’s doorbell would ring in your home. That is one of the problems with wireless doorbells that you would not want to deal with.
- Think about how much you want to spend on your wireless doorbell system. They tend to be pretty affordable but as with anything there are a range of prices. If you have a lot of options available the unit will be higher priced. Some have different chime sounds and volume controls. Also the larger the range the larger the cost. The more costly wireless doorbells typically have more options that are customizable and a greater range from the doorbell transmitter unit to the receiver transmitter unit. The cheapest wireless doorbells offer only basic functions that would be okay for small homes but probably not the best for large homes.
- Wireless doorbell units come in various styles. They are no longer plain and simple but rather you can buy them to coordinate with your home décor. Online offers a larger selection as do larger home DIY stores. Wireless doorbells can be very stylish and found in both wood and metal designs and also in different sizes.
- There are various sound options for your wireless doorbell unit. Some are customizable for your preference in chimes. It is kind of fun to choose different sounds to match the seasons or other preferences. It is similar to choosing different ring tones on your cell phone. If you buy a wireless doorbell online or even in a store, you can often listen to the various chimes that are available for your unit.
- You may want to make sure your unit is weatherproof If you are placing it on the outside this will help you avoid problems with wireless doorbells.
It is unusual to have problems with wireless doorbells but if you consider the assorted factors that are outlined when purchasing, you will have a wireless doorbell system that you can enjoy for many years.
Amazon Price: $14.99 $12.15 Buy Now
(price as of Jun 20, 2015)