I read an article a couple of years ago about how to make a million dollars. Basically, the article said that there are only a couple of ways to make a million dollars in one lifetime. The point of the article was that the best way to make a million dollars rather quickly was to start your own business. This is what this article is about. This article is about starting your own business and becoming an entrepreneur.
Becoming an entrepreneur can be very exciting. Entrepreneurs are admired for their courage. It takes guts to start a business because we all know that the success rate is pretty slim. Only a few people are ambitious enough to dare to become an entrepreneur and make millions or maybe even billions.
Here are a few tips on how to become an entrepreneur and start a successful business:
1. Just do it already! You've dreamed about starting a business your whole life so what are you waiting for. If you're waiting for the perfect idea, the perfect opportunity, you'll be waiting for the rest of your life. You have to take opportunities as they come to you. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right? So, just start now. Start something... anything.
2. Start small. You don't need to invest all your life savings if you want to start a successful business. All you have to do is start small. How are you going to make a million dollars or a billion dollars if you can't even make a dollar? You need to work on making that first 1$... then that first 20$ and so on and so forth until you reach your goal.
3. Take steps every single day towards building your successful business. Whatever it is you need to do, just do it... you need to be focused on profitable activities early on in your business. Focus on starting to generate income. That is your first priority when you first start off. If you want to change the world with your ideas, that can and should wait. First, you need to get to a point of sustainability where you business earns income consistently.
4. Surround yourself with the right people. We've all heard that in life it's not about what you know, but who you know, right? Well, there's a very important truth behind that saying. You need to surround yourself with successful entrepreneurs if you want to be like them. As you spend more time with these people, you will learn their tricks and the tools of the trade as they say. This is one thing you cannot and should not neglect. It's very important.
5. Find yourself a business mentor... someone who has already done what you want to do and ask them how they achieved the success you want. More often than not, they'll be more than happy to give you advice and tips on how to become successful yourself. Don't be too pushy though, ask them if they could spare a couple of minutes every week to help you succeed. That's all you really need anyways. It's not about quantity, it's about quality. Either way, your time should be focused on building your business.
6. Put down the business books already and just start taking action! There's only so much you can learn from books. The rest comes from experience and it's worth a thousand times more than book smarts. You need to become street smart in business and the only way that will happen is if you actually take consistent action and begin working at building your business.
7. If you want to get rich, find a hot trend and jump on board... Ride that wave until it dies... You have to go where the money is in business. But first, you have to know where the money is. That's why you'll need to know successful entrepreneurs already and that's why you'll need a mentor.
8. Take some time every week to recharge too. You don't want to burn yourself out before you succeed. You have to put the odds in your favor and that will only happen if you live a great balanced life. It's not all about business and money. There are other important things in life. You need to get plenty of rest and recreation time... this more psychological sunshine will really benefit you.
9. Believe you can achieve your goals. You have to believe in yourself if you want to see success. Once you start generating a little money, your confidence will quickly build and you'll be able to move on to bigger and better success.
10. Scale it up! All you really need to do to become successful in business and become wealthy is learn how to make 1$. Once you know how to make 1$, you have to learn how to scale up your operation so that you can earn $20 dollars for example like I explained earlier in this article. You just need to keep scaling up your business over and over again until you reach your financial goals.
The article I referred to in the beginning of this article is called How To Make A Million Dollars and it is written by Marshall Brain.
If you're interested in meeting successful entrepreneurs and finding a mentor, you should hang out where they hang out first. Find out where they are all hiding in the first place and put yourself out there in front of them. Now you want to be classy about all this so don't go around handing out your business card to everyone in the room. You need to be highly selective. Only pick the people you would like to become like the most.
You then need to become an invaluable asset to them. You need to create a desire within them to be around you. You have to have value to offer them. Give them a good reason to keep you around and they'll take good care of you in the future. Be of service to them. And be genuine.
I hope this article benefits you and if you found something of value here, please leave me a comment! Thank you for reading!