Steps on How to Sign Up For E*Trade
If you're new to trading stocks and equities, and don't know how to open a brokerage account, I would recommend that you begin by starting a brokerage account at Etrade, which I consider to be very easy to use and very easy to sign up with and better than rivals TD Ameritrade or Scottrade.
Etrade was founded in 1992 and went public in 1996. The company has around 3,000 employees, and is headquartered in NYC. There are 28 retail branches across the United States.
How to Sign Up
1) Signing up is very easy! At the main page (pictured below) you'll want to click the tab at the top right that says "Open An Account."
2) From there, scroll down to "Brokerage Account." Complete Investment Account where you can trade free for 60 days and get up to $500 (more on this later). Click "Open Account."Credit: ETrade.com
3) What you'll need to sign up. You need to be a US resident with a permanent residential address, give your date of birth, Social Security number, and you're employer's name and address.Credit: Etrade.com
4) What type of account do you want to open? Individual, joint, custodial (for youngsters) or retirement account? The most common choice will be "individual."Credit: Etrade
5) What type of trading account do you wish to open? Margin, margin with options trading, or cash account only? I would recommend cash account only, unless you are a seasoned investor. Trading on margin in generally risky.Credit: Etrade.com
6) From there, you just have to enter you're personally info. and bank account information!
**About the deals. If you sign up and deposit a minimum of $2,000, you will receive receive "up to 500 free trade commissions for each stock or options trade executed within 60 days of the deposited funds being made available for investment in the new account (excluding options contract fees)." Trades after range from $7.99 to $9.99.
You can also get cash back just for joining - "Credits for cash or securities will be made based on deposits of new funds or securities from external accounts made within 45 days of account open, as follows $250,000 or more will receive $500; $100,000-$249,999 will receive $250; $50,000-$99,999 will receive $100; $25,000-$49,999 will receive $50. Your account will be credited within one week of the close of the 45-day window."
I hope you found this guide on how to create an E*trade brokerage account useful.