There are many ways to increase your metabolism. You already know the benefits of an increased metabolism. The number 1 benefit is that it allows you to burn fat faster.
1. Make sure you eat breakfast every day. Most people these days are in a rush to get to work or school and often skimp on breakfast. The truth of the matter though is that eating a big healthy breakfast is one of the best ways to boost your metabolism every day. Make sure you're eating the right foods and for two times the benefits, include foods that boost your metabolism in your daily breakfasts. If you don't know what foods boost your metabolism there are a ton of articles about that. Just do a google search for something like: "foods that boost metabolism".
2. The more protein you eat the better. Protein is a great way to increase your metabolism. Examples of excellent protein sources include beans, lentils, eggs, beef, chicken, fish, etc... Why this works is because eating protein sends a signal to your body to send fat into your bloodstream to use as energy. It's very effective and you can burn a lot of fat this way. You need to focus on burning fat not just losing weight because it's important to keep your muscle mass in tact.
3. Stay far far away from any white foods. White foods include things like white breads, white pastas, white rices, white sugar, etc... Of course, stay away from soda too. The reason I say this is because of insulin. Eating these foods influences your levels of insulin which leads to gaining or losing weight.
4. Another great way to boost your metabolism is to eat fruits, vegetables, and whole wheat grains. These foods are excellent for you for many reasons and one of these reasons rests in their glycemic index values. There are entire books written about their benefits in terms of glycemic index so I won't get into that here. Again, if you're interested in more information about GI(glycemic index) and what it means for you just do a google search.
5. Drink lots of green tea. Green tea is great for you for many reasons that you are probably already aware of. For example, it helps you prevent cancer and many other things. But, did you know that it can actually boost your metabolism? Now, I remember reading that this boost may not be a huge boost in metabolism but if you drink 4 cups of green tea a day, over a year, the extra fat you'll burn will be noticeable. Writing this just inspired me to go make some green tea for myself right now. I encourage you to do the same if you have green tea lying around in your cupboards.
6. Coffee with breakfast! Coffee has also been shown to boost your immune system significantly. So make sure you don't drink any of that decaf stuff in the morning. Go all the way and drink lots of caffeinated coffee(but not too much of course otherwise you'll get the jitters).
7. Drink lots and lots of water every day but here's a little twist: drink it ice cold! Research shows that drinking tons of water every day boosts your metabolism and it takes more energy for your body to handle ice cold water than normal water. Again, the boost in metabolism here is not huge but if you do this every single day for the rest of your life, you'll be burning pounds of fat off your body without really doing much! I just was inspired again to go get myself a tall glass of cold water. I already have my green tea here next to me as I'm writing this article and I just drank a tall glass of water and have a second tall glass of water next to me for a little later. Take action immediately to boost your metabolism and do it consistently if you want to see results!
8. Have some dairy products every single day and make sure they'll fat-free. Dairy products really help when it comes to burning fat. There have been many studies done about this fact and it's very true. This tip is extra helpful if you just had a fatty meal earlier in the day and want to start countering the effects of that unhealthy meal. It affects the way in which you metabolize fat... the speed with which you get that fat out of your system.
9. Red and green chillies can really boost your metabolism by a lot but only temporarily. That's why it's a great idea to add these chillies to whatever meals you can add them to... This will give you a metabolic spike which will burn more calories and as a result burn a lot more fat than you usually would.
10. Do some interval training. Interval training will really rev up your metabolism and it's one of the best ways to get fat off your body. Interval training is pretty simple but I'd recommend you do a search for it on the internet to read about it straight from the horse's mouth. I would add however that I think this is something you should be doing most days of the week if not every single day of the week.
11. Fish oil supplements are also a great thing to add to your workout routine. If you take those every time you work out, studies show that you will lose more weight and burn more fat than if you didn't take any fish oil supplements. You can read more about that if you search for fish oil supplements and weight loss.
12. Skip the alcohol. Alcohol and burning fat do not go well together. If you really want to kept your metabolism working at a good rate, stop drinking alcohol altogether or at least diminish the amount of alcohol you drink as much as you can.
13. Sleep at least 8 hours a day. People who don't sleep at least 8 hours a day are more likely to be overweight or obese according to studies. So please get your 8 hours every night! We all know how important sleep is for our health and well-being...
Thanks for reading. Comments are always welcomed and encouraged. Cheers!
PS. Don't miss my signature box in the top right corner of this page. This is how I plan on building a Web BUSINESS. I bet you can too!