Increasing your Emotional Intelligence in Ten Simple Steps
Intelligence Quotient or IQ as it is normally known is a score that provides an idea of how intelligent you are; the score can be obtained after taking one of the many intelligence tests available; some of them can be found online; however, it is highly recommended to take the test with Mensa, an International organisation for people with very high IQ; one of the biggest advantage is the possibility of being part of this extremely recognised group.
Regardless of whether you want to join Mensa or not; having a high IQ is important in our personal and professional live; have you ever heard the term Emotional Intelligence? This is the combination of everything that affects us directly and includes the capacity that we have to communicate with others, understand how other people feel when we express our emotions and learning how to handle our emotions in general; this important key to success is directly linked to having a high IQ.
Can You Increase your IQ?
Nowadays, many researches have proven that regular exercise and good nutrition is good for your body and mental health, which has a direct impact on your intelligence; but do you know that there are a few things you can do to organise and increase your brain activity levels in order to be more creative and be more effective at work? At the end of the day intelligence is the combination of genes, our environment and the training you have received during the years.
The job market is becoming more competitive by the day and although almost everyone can have a university degree nowadays, having a high IQ will give you an advantage over others; intelligent people are quicker thinkers and can provide quick solutions for common problems; this is the kind of staff that many companies are looking for at the moment; the good news is that you can accelerate your learning process by performing easy activities; not only by going to college or university; these tasks will make you think in a more logic way and give you the tools to perform daily activities at your work place more efficiently.
Ways to Increase Intelligence
1. Take up a hobby and make it a routine: Drawing, painting, writing or a new sport will increase your brain cells.
2. Brush your teeth: The only difference is that you will use your left hand if you are right-handed and vice versa.
3. Read a book: However, the key is in reading a variety of subjects and writers.
4. Have a shower: Simple but effective; having a shower but with your eyes closed will make your mind work extra.
5. Play different games: Mental games are ideal to increase your intelligence; the variety of the games will make different parts of your brain to work in different ways: puzzles, video games, crosswords, chess and others; however, don’t spend all your time in front of the computer.
6. Learn a new language: Bilingual people use different part of the brain; learning a new language is not an easy task, however, it is one of the best ways to keep your mind active.
7. Take up a physical activity: Any physical activity will not only make you look better, but it will also improve your sleep, reduce stress levels and increase blood flow in your brain.
8. Travel: Learn about different countries, talking to different people, seeing new places and adapting to new cultures and habits.
Practice, practice and more practice is what you need to do if you want to be smarter, it is simple if you focus your mind in what you want to achieve: increase your IQ.