Choosing the best weight loss program to help you lose 10 lbs without exercise should be relatively simple. After you remove all the hoopla and advertisements and fancy packaging most weight loss programs boil down to simple calorie restriction. In a nutshell, if you eat less calories than you burn, you will lose weight. Depending on how many calories you restrict, you can lose the 10 lbs quickly or slowly.
The simple mathematics says for you to reduce your daily caloric intake by 500 calories (this is the amount recommended by the Mayo Clinic and other reputable heath centered organizations. By reducing your calories by 500 calories daily and 3, 500 calories weekly, you should lose the 10 lbs in about five weeks. However, you have to have the math correct. You can do it two ways
First Way To Measure Out Your Calorie Reduction For Your Best Weight Loss Program
Using the a caloric calculator, enter in your age, height and weight. Mypyramid.gov has a great chart that you can use to estimate your current weight. The weight calculation chart or calculator will tell you how many calories you should be getting according to your current weight, height, age and level of activity. When you get that number, then subtract 500 calories daily from that figure. The way is easier but not necessarily more accurate since it is estimated.
Second Way to Measure Out Your Calorie Reduction For Your Best Weight Loss Program
This way of measuring out your calorie reduction for your weight loss program is more accurate but involves a little more math on your part. This method is called Harris-Benedict Calculation for estimating TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure).
- Figure out basal metabolic rate (BMR), using the Harris-Benedict formula for calculating TDEE. Women should use this formula: 655 + (4.4 x weight in lbs.) + (4.6 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years) . Men should use this formula: 655 + (6.2 x weight in lbs.) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years).
- Make sure your weight and height measurements are accurate before plugging them into the formula. For example: Let's say the BMR for a 43-year-old man, who is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 385 lbs., is 655 + (6.2 x 385= 2,387) + (12.7 x 74=939.80) - (6.8 x 43=292.4) for a total of 3,689.40 calories per day.
- Factor in your level of activity into the equation. Multiply 3,689.40 from Step 2 by 1.2 if you live a sendentary lifestyle and you are a male.
- Multiply 3,689.40 by 1.375 if you engage in light activities, which includes grocery shopping, and some household chores.
- Multiply 3,689.40by 1.55 if you are a man who does moderate exercises, such as 30 to 45 of light aerobic exercise.
- Multiply 3,689.40 by 1.725 for very strenuous physical activities.
- Multiply3,689.40 by 1.96 for extremely energetic, high-impact sports and activities.
- For women who partake in high impact sports, you should use 1.9 as a multiplier.
- For example, let's use the same 42-year-old man lives a sedentary lifestyle, he needs 4,427.28 (3,689.40 x 1.2) each day to maintain his current weight.
- To determine your 1o lbs weight loss and the best weight loss program for you, you should decrease your caloric intake by 500 calories per day or 1000 calories per day to lose 1 pound or 2 pounds per week.
You should never go on diets that calls for a blanket calorie reduction because each "body" is different. So in essence, never go on a diet that decreases your caloric intake all the way down to 12oo calories per day if your body is used to getting over 4,000 calories per day. Do the calculation and decrease your caloric intake by a safe rate of between 500 and 1000 calories daily. Always check with your doctor before any drastic reduction in calories.
Watch What You Eat When You Are Designing Your Best Weight Loss Program
- Purchase some measuring cups and measure your food portions correctly. Read the food lables and eat only one portion's worth at a time. Make sure you know how many calories you are eating every time you put something in your mouth.
- Eat foods that are rich in nutrition such a fruit, vegetables, yogurt, milk, cheese, lean meats and eggs.
- Avoid sodas and fruit juices, both can be highly packed with empty calories. Drink zero calorie drinks, milk and water with fat burning lemon added to it.
- Don't eat out often, you cannot control the amount of calories if your food is being cooked by a restaurant. There will be times when you can't control eating out, but do so in strict moderation.
- Eat an apple before your main meals. This is the main premise behind the 3 Apples A Day Diet. Eating an apple before each meal gives you that "feel full" effect and causes you to eat less without feeling deprived.
- Try replacing one of your meal with great tasting nutritious soups like "Dr. Oz's Turbo Diet Soup" or "Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush Soup" both soups have been said to promote fast weight loss and a great way to jumpstart your best weightloss program.
- Use Mr. Dash instead of salt and be sparing with the use of ketsup, salad dressing and mustard. Any one of those condiments could be 120 calories per tablespoon.
- Get a book and make it your personalized food and weight loss journal. Write down everything you eat and drink and keep a record of it. It is one of the best ways for you to lose those 10 lbs without exercise.
You may also find Dr. Oz's Weight Loss Commandments and Dr. Oz's Weight Loss Discoveries 2012-African Mango, useful when you embark on your best weight loss program. They are simple yet practical ways of losing the weight quickly and keeping it off. Also, it is always a good idea to keep a food journal whenever you embark on your best weight loss program.
Note: Always make sure you check with your doctor before starting any new weight loss program, or taking natural weight loss pills or any other type of weight loss pills. For a comprehensive list of diet plan reviews you may press here.