Walnut bread made of cranberries
Walnut bread recipes
Making bread has been a long tradition in many countries as it is a very delicious food can complement many different meals. It is also a big part of our diets and making it in the right form can be very beneficial to your health. Buying processed white bread from the supermarket doesn’t do you any good at all apart from fill you up.
What a lot of people are doing now is going back to old methods of making and making their own types of bread using fresh coats and fruit. By doing this you can create many different flavours so that you won’t get bored of just eating normal wholemeal bread.
How to make cranberry walnut bread tips
This is a guide for anyone who wants to know how to make cranberry walnut bread, it is extremely tasty and the mixture of cranberry and that’s gives it a very fruity flavour. It is something that cannot really be bought in any supermarket shops and when freshly baked home it fills the whole house with a beautiful home the smell.
Here are the ingredients were going to need:
- You will need just under half cup of orange juice and you will also need to create the skin of one whole orange.
- You need over half cup to 2/3 of the cup of buttermilk.
- One full size large egg.
- Six tablespoons of butter.
- 2 cups of flour.
- One cup of sugar preferably brown.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of table salt.
- 2 cups of chopped cranberries.
- 1 cup of crushed walnuts
Here is how you mix it:
- Firstly you will need to mix the orange juice and the grated zest from the orange peel together.
- Now add the buttermilk and stir together until they become mixed.
- Whisk one large egg until fluffy then add to the mixture.
- Add six tablespoons of butter and 2 cups of flour and continue to mix.
- Now that you are starting to get a dry texture add the sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Now mix in the chopped cranberries and crushed walnuts.
When doing this it is important to whisk until step 4, then as the mixture gets thick you should stir it until it becomes dry. Once everything is bonded together you should stop as over mixing can ruin it.
Now add to a bread baking tray in a heated oven at 375°, it is important that you bake this for around 20 min once you start to see it rise then turn the heat down to 350°. You will keep it at this heat for at least another 40 min until golden brown. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down for at least 10 to 20 minutes.
Now serve with lightly salted butter and cranberry jam to finish off this fantastic snack. You can also toast the bread. This is how to make cranberry walnut bread, you can use the same recipe but add different dried fruits and nuts to change the flavour.