Oh Oreo cookies! How you can you get more delicious? A few days ago I found out! Simply by turning those Oreo cookies into little Oreo balls that are gooey on the inside filled with tasty Oreo cookie bits and a soft but crunchy chocolate coating, you get this extremely rich treat. Oreo cookies are simple and easy to make and they do not cost much. They require no baking or cooking. It’s rare to find a dessert that requires neither of those. Oreo balls make a great treat during the holidays like Easter and Christmas as they are sweet enough to tie people over but are so rich people rarely eat more than a few.
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- 2 cup of chocolate chips
- Wax paper and toothpicks
- Anything else you want to add like sprinkles, candies, etc
- Crush the Oreo Cookies in a bowl, you want to crush the entire cookie, or else it makes a less than tasty treat
- Mix the cream cheese with an electric mixer or blender on low, slowly add the crush Oreo cookies until they are well mixed.
- Place the mix into the freeze for about an hour. Rolled the mix into little balls, 1-1.5in should be reasonable.
- Melt the chocolate chips by microwaving or over the stove with a tablespoon of shortening. The shortening isn’t needed it but it makes the chocolate thinner and easier to work with. Dip the Oreo Balls into the melted chocolate using the toothpicks to allow for a full cover and place on wax paper to cool and harden. Place them in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- EAT THEM!
You can substitute the ingredients or add more in to give it some variety. You can mix in almonds into the chocolate or use white chocolate bark instead of the chips. If you are looking for a healthy version, you can use the low fat version of the Oreo cookies and fat free cream cheese instead. You can also melt white chocolate and use that to decorate the Oreo balls for something that is tasty and gorgeous. Oreo balls are super easy to make and you do not have to follow the instruction that closely , feel free to experiment with other kind of sweet stuffing and melts to get the best results for you.